Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

smoker smell

Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #21
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Put small (about 8oz) perforated bags of ground coffee under each seat for a couple of weeks, repeat until the smell is gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeadTaco View Post
This works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macanic View Post
The coffee works a miracle, Thanks for all the replies
Learned that from a 60 year old lady who owns a truck dealership.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #23
macanic is on a distinguished road
Name: JERRY
macanic's Tacoma Gallery
Coffee

It worked for me.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
flyfsh65 is on a distinguished road
Name: Harry
flyfsh65's Tacoma Gallery
Put a cup of white vinegar in the truck, close windows and turn heater fan on high. Usually will work quickly.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
deepcoma will become famous soon enoughdeepcoma will become famous soon enough

deepcoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macanic View Post
It worked for me.

That's awesome....I'll have to remember that one. I was gonna suggest Ozone treatment but I bet the coffee treatment was easier and cheaper
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #26
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Ask your dealership if they have a vendor that does ozone treatments.

My son is a car salesman, and they have a vendor that has an ozone machine made specifically for this. You can leave your car there for 24 hrs, they will put the machine inside the car and let it sit while the machine generates ozone. After 24 hrs no more smells.

I don't know what this costs but it works like a charm.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #27
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
I just threw 4 small homemade bags of coffee under my van seats. Had dryer sheets before and it seemed to help a little.
we shall see.
BTW: the ozone machine was making the guys sick in the shop from the smell. So we had them only do it outside. IMO it replaced a crappy smell with another crappy smell.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #28
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
I smoke, but not in the truck, cause I don't like the smell, go figure.

Anyway, your best bet is to clean the seats and carpet. Use a decent spot or carpet cleaner. If your really wanting it clean, take the seats out and carpet out and give a good scrubbing. That's where most of your smell is going to come from, the fabrics. Fabreeze does wonders too, if you can't do what I said above.
Smoker can't smell how bad it truly is, it's worst then piss.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #29
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
I smoke, but not in the truck, cause I don't like the smell, go figure.

Anyway, your best bet is to clean the seats and carpet. Use a decent spot or carpet cleaner. If your really wanting it clean, take the seats out and carpet out and give a good scrubbing. That's where most of your smell is going to come from, the fabrics. Fabreeze does wonders too, if you can't do what I said above.
Smoker can't smell how bad it truly is, it's worst then piss. My brother smokes and I make him change his shirt before sitting in my truck and even then i still smell it a day later. It's freakin gross!! It's not too bad if you smoke out doors it's the indoor smokers who stink like cat shit.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #30
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
Smoker can't smell how bad it truly is, it's worst then piss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
Smoker can't smell how bad it truly is, it's worst then piss. My brother smokes and I make him change his shirt before sitting in my truck and even then i still smell it a day later. It's freakin gross!! It's not too bad if you smoke out doors it's the indoor smokers who stink like cat shit.
You had to tell me twice? LOL. Do to the fact that I 99.9% of the time smoke outside, then I can smell it pretty good. My mom smokes in their house, and when I leave I can smell it on me, even though I smoke outside even when I'm there.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #31
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
OZIUM
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #32
atlantacoma is on a distinguished road

atlantacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Clean floor mats with hot water and tide. Wipe out interior with your favorite cleaner. Clean the windows. Sprinkle baking sode on carpets leave overnight with doors shut and windows up. Vacuum out the following day. Problem solved.