1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

scratched inner windshield

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by cmoulton13, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Feb 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    cmoulton13

cmoulton13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    georgia
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma double cab trd off road
    :(
    Hey guys I was washing my windshield yesterday when my ring hit the glass and left a nice fine scratch about 6 inches long right at eye level on the drivers side. It is not really detectable with a fingernail but it bugs the hell out of me... not to mention its a 2013... I have heard of a TON of different scratch removers but my only concern with trying them is that this scratch is on the inside and I believe windshields have a factory laminate or tint on them??? :confused: Could someone give me some guidance on what to do?

regards

2. Feb 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    cmoulton13

cmoulton13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    georgia
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma double cab trd off road
    :(
  3. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    You're really out of luck, unfortunately. There is no glass polishing that I would recommend for a vehicle. Reason being, that once you polish glass, it distorts it. You're better off with the scratch than you are the distorted glass, especially in your line of sight.

Price out a new windshield, most aftermarket windshields can get installed for $250 or so now days.

4. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
  5. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    ... ^^^ ... This happened in the cleanup dept when my wife was picking up a new Honda a couple years ago. ... :eek:

Detail guy hit the inside of the windshield with his ring ... :eek: ... and we turned the car down at delivery ... dealer ended up putting in a new windshield and selling it to another customer.

FWIW ... wife scratched big mirror in bathroom with a razor blade ... had to replace mirror.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top