Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

scratched inner windshield

Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
cmoulton13 is on a distinguished road

Army: Armor Officer
cmoulton13's Tacoma Gallery
scratched inner windshield

Hey guys I was washing my windshield yesterday when my ring hit the glass and left a nice fine scratch about 6 inches long right at eye level on the drivers side. It is not really detectable with a fingernail but it bugs the hell out of me... not to mention its a 2013... I have heard of a TON of different scratch removers but my only concern with trying them is that this scratch is on the inside and I believe windshields have a factory laminate or tint on them??? Could someone give me some guidance on what to do?

regards
Old 02-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
cmoulton13 is on a distinguished road

Army: Armor Officer
cmoulton13's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 02-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
You're really out of luck, unfortunately. There is no glass polishing that I would recommend for a vehicle. Reason being, that once you polish glass, it distorts it. You're better off with the scratch than you are the distorted glass, especially in your line of sight.

Price out a new windshield, most aftermarket windshields can get installed for $250 or so now days.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoulton13 View Post
Hey guys I was washing my windshield yesterday when my ring hit the glass and left a nice fine scratch about 6 inches long right at eye level on the drivers side. It is not really detectable with a fingernail but it bugs the hell out of me... not to mention its a 2013... I have heard of a TON of different scratch removers but my only concern with trying them is that this scratch is on the inside and I believe windshields have a factory laminate or tint on them??? Could someone give me some guidance on what to do?

regards
... ^^^ ... This happened in the cleanup dept when my wife was picking up a new Honda a couple years ago. ...

Detail guy hit the inside of the windshield with his ring ... ... and we turned the car down at delivery ... dealer ended up putting in a new windshield and selling it to another customer.

FWIW ... wife scratched big mirror in bathroom with a razor blade ... had to replace mirror.