Notices

Best cleaning product for "mesh" TRD interior

Old 02-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
You're welcome
TonyK14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
TonyK14's Tacoma Gallery
Best cleaning product for "mesh" TRD interior

I have one spot stain in the drivers seat and i am looking for a good cleaning product to use that will work on the mesh type seats that come in the tacoma trd sport trucks. Any suggestions?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Man, welcome to the club. Something like a Bissell works. I would use ours once every few months with some success.

Those seats are super comfy for me but I was a dick about getting stains on the seats until I got WO seat covers. One time wife's yorkie took a piss on the seat and that dog almost met its maker that day.

Part of the problem is that the seats look clean but they get dirt and stuff on them. Once liquid hits it stains. I've tried Scotchgard - not sure if it really helped or not. I still got stains. Guess I don't have much real advice... good luck!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
You're welcome

TonyK14's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! This is my 3rd Tacoma and I love em. I actually called a local dealership and the parts guy told me the detailers there use oxyclean on the seats and i tried it...worked great.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD seats stain just by you looking at them. I'm on the same boat
Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
I rent a carpet shampooer every couple years, and shampoo them. It works incredibly well. In the meantime, I just live with all the little stains.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
You're welcome

TonyK14's Tacoma Gallery
Not a bad idea, how much does that set you back?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery
Short term: universal seat covers that you can pull out and wash from Canadian Tire (or American equivalent) why clean the seat when you can clean a 50$ seat cover instead by throwing it in the washing machine

Long term: Custom fit seat cover like Wetoakley that fit and look better, while still having the removable cleaning advantage
-OR-
Leather seats like Katskinz with heated seats that I will eventually be able to clean with a swipe of a cloth and keep my bum toasty in the winter.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
303 fabric cleaner with a horse hair brush and microfiber towel. If you have access to a hot water extractor, even better.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #9
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
id recommend seat covers

ill be watching this since my rear seats dont have covers haha and i hope i dont get any stains.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #10
You're welcome

TonyK14's Tacoma Gallery
I've found some pretty sweet looking seat covers online, expensive though if you want to buy nice ones that fit. I swear i went to the store and bought a spray bottle of oxyclean laundry stain remover and it came right out. I just sprayed the stain with the oxyclean, took a damp sponge and gently scrubbed for a minute, then took a towel and dried it up. Stain gone
Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #11
CINDOGS 21 is on a distinguished road

CINDOGS 21's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure how dirty we are talkin but scrubbing bubbles cleans everything. Worked on stains on floor mats pretty good and its pretty cheap and easy.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #12
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Folex upholstery/carpet stain remover has worked very well for me.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
allthom is on a distinguished road
allthom's Tacoma Gallery
I work in detail and the best way to remove stains is by using a steam cleaner to shampoo the seats.

Besides that we use a product called dry foam.
It's an aerosol canned product, Should be able to find some where other detailing products are found and look for something brand name with upholstery/carpet cleaner in a foam spray.

Just spray it on, rub the stained area with a clean towel or cloth and vacuum the remaining foam product up.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #14
jprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to all
Navy: Honorably Discharged
Name: Joshua
jprovence's Tacoma Gallery
A steamer is what I use. It works on everything. Clean the entire truck with pressurized steam.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #15
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
I know this might sound weird but, back when all I could afford was a 95 Geo Tracker, I had some narley stains on my mesh sport seats. I took the seats out and pressure washed them with mild soap. I let them dry out and reinstalled them. It worked great and made the vehicle smell great for the rest of the time I owned it. Good luck with what ever you try.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #16
nobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jonathan
nobody4343's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about renting a rug doctor this weekend and doing my seats am carpet. I was being the nice guy an picked up this chick and her friend from a bar one night. Welle being nice ended up up having this chick's friend blowing blue chunks all over my door. She was piss drunk and couldn't get her head far enough out the window. So my entire driver side rear door panel had adios motha f@@ker and Vegas bombs running down the side of it. So should I he the rug doctor or pressure wash the seats while taken out of the truck.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #17
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
For small single spot stains, get a microfiber towel and a $0.99 bottle of carbonated water. Pour a small amount of carbonated water on towel (be careful not to hold the towel against the bottle to create a seal because the carbonation builds pressure when you tilt the bottle and it sprays all over, ask me how i know ) and scrub isolated stain area. You will clearly see the dirt coming out onto the towel. Repeat process 2-3 times and scrub with pressure. Once it dries (usually several hours later) it will look brand new.

WARNING: If your seats are several years old and have an even layer of dirt all over, doing this will clean one spot only and it will then appear lighter than the rest of the seat. If the stain is really bad or the entire seat is dirty, I dont recommend this method. But if you do use it, it works miracles. Been using this method for almost 4 years and it this simple carbonated water solution has even taken out a giant black ink stain from a pen that busted in my back pocket and soaked into the seat for several days. You cant even tell it was there
Old 03-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
onepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
onepremiere's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical...spi_191_16.htm

Been using Chemical Guys stuff for 6 Years now. Best stuff ever, and most of it is 100% Concentrated and can be cut 50/50, so a gallon will last me close to 2 years.

I even use this on the carpet in the house.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery

Keep one of these in the arm rest for whenever a new spot shows up.