Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Bast-ards Ding my Brand New Truck

Old 02-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
bigweb2001 is on a distinguished road

bigweb2001's Tacoma Gallery
Bast-ards Ding my Brand New Truck

So I have my DCSB 4x4 TRD for 2 weeks and park out in the boonies so no one dings me, but some basdid manages to ding my rear driver side door.
Not big, but is driving me nutz. Can this be pulled out so close to the edge of the door?

2 weeks ago brandy new:

Now with son of a beyatch ding:

Thanks,
Old 02-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
Phil5393 has a spectacular aura aboutPhil5393 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phil
Phil5393's Tacoma Gallery
Find a body shop that does paintless dent removal. They should be able to get that out.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil5393 View Post
Find a body shop that does paintless dent removal. They should be able to get that out.
^this
Old 02-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
That really sucks!! I'd probably cry...

Be prepared for a bunch of "it's a truck, quit whining" guys to come on here and start telling you how it's a truck and don't buy one unless you wheel it and use it like a truck...

But I feel your pain!! I'm in upstate NY and I'm just praying I don't have any of those when summer comes and I can finally clean and wax it!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #5

thanks for the replies, as dumb as it sounds I want to get it fixed. I expect the "its a truck" replies, but I was still in the honeymoon phase, have not made my first payment.

I think I will get it fixed, then put on some sliders so the a holes will hit them first.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigweb2001 View Post
thanks for the replies, as dumb as it sounds I want to get it fixed. I expect the "its a truck" replies, but I was still in the honeymoon phase, have not made my first payment.

I think I will get it fixed, then put on some sliders so the a holes will hit them first.
Doesn't sound dumb at all
Old 02-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil5393 View Post
Doesn't sound dumb at all
Nope!! I Would be just as mad! Nothing wrong with wanting to keep your $30k truck looking like new! Especially before the first payment! Eek...

Update with the dent removed!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #8

fixed...

Well I had Hayes from atlantadings.com come by today and fix the ding. Completely impressed since this ding was in a weird spot and I thought it could not be fixed. He was on time and went to work right away. Could not be more pleased. I was really bumming before, but now the truck is back to new. Recommended for anyone near Atl.

On a side note, some other places I check were more expensive and had some kids working there .... not that there is anything wrong with that but I feel more comfortable with someone with years of experience to work on the truck. Here is an after pic...the only reflections are from my garage. 15 minutes of work:

Old 02-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #9
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Nice! As good as new!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
Don't feel bad, I got a big crack in my windshield after 2 months of owning the truck.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #12
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
A good dent pusher is worth his weight in gold.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #13
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch, two weeks, that didn't take long. Glad it was fixed, next time take better care of your things.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:41 AM   #14

Nice it looks good as new
Old 02-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #15
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Hey it is a truck and it is going to get banged up but i would personally rather ding it up myself rather then some dick head throwing there door open into the side of it.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #16
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks!I got one too,a week ago!My truck is less then 2 months old!People have no respect!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #17
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I am glad for you that he was able to fix it. That is a difficult location being so close to the edge. When it is in the crimped edge of the panel it is usually almost impossible to get in there. I had my truck done about a year ago when the truck turned 10 years old (birthday gift to my truck) and had about ten small dings fixed perfectly; only one on the edge could not be fixed.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #18
RAD@RECHELON/AESTHETICS
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RAD
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I really don't mind the ding or dents if I did it myself. . .

I get pissed when its someone elses carelessness. . . .

so I understand your pain.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:46 AM   #19
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I am lucky no one has dinged mine yet I just am hoping no one does or I will find there car and take a sledge hammer and put an even bigger dent in it