LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Permanent Wheel Coating -mud test [video]

Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
Permanent Wheel Coating -mud test [video]

Before these "new to me" wheels were mounted, I did a thorough cleaning inside and out. After drying them off I applied a permanent coating system.

Even polished or clear coated metals have pores. If you have gone a long time without cleaning brake dust in the past, you can appreciate how not having these pores(or a great improvement in the reduction) would have a great impact on how much easier it would be to clean wheels.

This coating works in that way. It is a nano-coating that can fill in those microscopic pores and leave you with much better protection.

The product is called Opti-Coat Pro. While you can't purchase this specific formula, you can get a similar one(not as strong or hard) over the counter(Opti-Coat 2.0).

I did an air brush application so that literally every single nook and cranny got protected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUoN...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Your video is listed as private.

Also, there was a guy on here who was debating coating his whole truck in that Opti-Coat stuff. Not sure if he went through with it...
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up. I'm def going to look into spraying mine now
Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'm def going to look into spraying mine now
You're on the other side of the country. I have no benefit to tell you this.

If you have a proper application of Opti-Coat Pro applied, you will not be less than blown away. It's one of those rare cases in life when the hype is met in reality. If you need a qualified pro to do it for you, I can shoot you a reference or two.