1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Permanent Wheel Coating -mud test [video]

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by JeanClaude, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    JeanClaude

JeanClaude [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Prerunner
    Before these "new to me" wheels were mounted, I did a thorough cleaning inside and out. After drying them off I applied a permanent coating system.

Even polished or clear coated metals have pores. If you have gone a long time without cleaning brake dust in the past, you can appreciate how not having these pores(or a great improvement in the reduction) would have a great impact on how much easier it would be to clean wheels.

This coating works in that way. It is a nano-coating that can fill in those microscopic pores and leave you with much better protection.

The product is called Opti-Coat Pro. While you can't purchase this specific formula, you can get a similar one(not as strong or hard) over the counter(Opti-Coat 2.0).

I did an air brush application so that literally every single nook and cranny got protected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUoNp0x8r3s&feature=youtu.be

2. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Your video is listed as private.

Also, there was a guy on here who was debating coating his whole truck in that Opti-Coat stuff. Not sure if he went through with it...

3. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM
    Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Icon Suspension with CDCV, SPC Light Racing UCAs, Wheeler's 3 Leaf AAL, Wheeler's Superbumps, sPod SE BAMF Sliders, All-Pro Skids, AFE Drop in filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, RCI Aluminum LCA Skids, BAMF Bed Brackets, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Nestah Edition Firestik AM/FM Antenna, Famous Fab Hood brackets, FrontRunner SlimLine 2 Roof Rack, Mob Town Offroad tailgate reinforcement plate, Ram A pillar mount, Anti-Dark hood lights, Lots of LED lights,
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm def going to look into spraying mine now

4. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    JeanClaude

JeanClaude [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Prerunner
    You're on the other side of the country. I have no benefit to tell you this.

If you have a proper application of Opti-Coat Pro applied, you will not be less than blown away. It's one of those rare cases in life when the hype is met in reality. If you need a qualified pro to do it for you, I can shoot you a reference or two.

Products Discussed in

To Top