Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

stainless steel

Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
boxxed is on a distinguished road
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
stainless steel

How do you stop rust from continuing to come through?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
sand it off and paint it
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What are you trying to detail that's stainless steel?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
GEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KELLEN
GEARAHOLIC's Tacoma Gallery
if its real ss it wont rust...put a magnet to it, if it sticks its not real ss....not that it helps your rust issue
Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
What are you trying to detail that's stainless steel?
I backed into a rock and scratched my bumper a bit. Just enough to make it bleed rust
Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARAHOLIC View Post
if its real ss it wont rust...put a magnet to it, if it sticks its not real ss....not that it helps your rust issue
its the bumper on my truck.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxed View Post
its the bumper on my truck.
You have a stainless bumper ?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARAHOLIC View Post
if its real ss it wont rust...
Not entirely true or the would call it StainPROOF steel
Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You have a stainless bumper ?
ok chrome plated...
Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #10
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
I believe they have chrome paint at some stores.
Sand down and repaint.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #11
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Yea rear bumpers are not SS. Like I said before, sand and paint it.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxed View Post
ok chrome plated...
It makes a difference...

Keep it waxed but once you gouge through the chrome plating, it will continue to rust unless you cover it either with paint or somehow touch up the chrome.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It makes a difference...

Keep it waxed but once you gouge through the chrome plating, it will continue to rust unless you cover it either with paint or somehow touch up the chrome.
Ya thats what i was afraid of.. It continuing to rust.. I didnt know that have chrome paint.. I only need like a little artist brush full. Its not that big but I know it can turn into an eyesore.