Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How To: Remove and disassemble side view mirrors

Old 03-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
How To: Remove and disassemble side view mirrors

I know not everyone likes the look of painted side mirrors but for those of you that do here is a good step-by-step for how to do just that. It took me about 10 to take this apart and put back together. Good luck.

Tools needed:
10mm extended socket or short with an extension
Small flat head screw driver
Ratchet
T-25 bit
PH3 bit
Driver

Remove interior side view mirror cover by pulling away from the door:

Use flat head to reveal two Philips head screws in the door panel:

Remove electronic panel by pulling up on the front then forward and up:

Remove plastic clip by pushing in on the center then pulling it out:

Unplug wiring harness and adapter from side view mirror:

Use flat head at the bottom of the mirror class to release two clips then pull mirror down and out:

Use 10mm socket and rachet to remove the 3 bolts holding mirror to the door:

Use Philips head to remove one screw holding plastic protector in place:

Use flat head to remove plastic cover at the bottom of the mirror then remove 3 T-25 bolts:

Separate base from cover carefully and remove one T-25 bolt holding the metal piece in place:

Use Philips head to remove 1 screw at the bottom of the cover:

Use Philips head to remove 3 screws inside the cover and remove mechanism:

DONE!
Repeat steps on driver side for the same results.
Follow steps in reverse to assemble everything.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Great info! I know its old, but I wanted to bump it so others can use this useful information
Old 03-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, out of 569 view, if I can help one person, that's good enough for me lol

Glad the information could help.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
Ernesto4 is on a distinguished road
Ernesto4's Tacoma Gallery
Might not really be related to your post but I just wondering can the actual glass mirror part be purchased separately? Is there a part number for that part? Thanks
Old 10-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #5
tacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacowhisperer's Tacoma Gallery
this thread helped me a lot! thank you! i needed to know how you disconnect the mirror part from the shell on my 1st gen and boom.. thanks again!!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
tacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowhisperer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacowhisperer's Tacoma Gallery
ernesto4 i had your same problem and no one will sell it separate so i found an oem complete one at the junk yard for 30 bucks!! woo hoo!!!