Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Tiny Scratches EVERYWHERE

Old 03-28-2013, 03:39 AM   #21
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVT Pablo View Post
Alright thanks guys. I've never polished so I'll have to look into that. I can say, being as OCD as I am, I'll never own another black vehicle.
Take your time when correcting the paint. When polished, sealed and waxed no other color has more shine and depth than black. Red and dark green are right in there as well.

White will mask some of the imperfections due to the transmitted reflection back to the human eye but no one will say "look at the shine on that white car". So hard to make white POP.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #22
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of buffer would you all recommend? I have a 8" one I bought at Walmart for about $30. It works fine for laying wax but should I use another kind for a good polish?

Is it wash, polish, wax or wash, wax, polish? Never done the polish before really.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #23
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Porter cable DA polisher. ^^^^^
Old 03-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #24
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
What kind of buffer would you all recommend? I have a 8" one I bought at Walmart for about $30. It works fine for laying wax but should I use another kind for a good polish?

Is it wash, polish, wax or wash, wax, polish? Never done the polish before really.
Wash
Clay
Wipe clean or wash
Polish
Wipe clean or wash
Wax / Sealant
Collapse
Old 03-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #25
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Taco View Post
Porter cable DA polisher. ^^^^^
X2

It is a nice inexpensive buffer that will not break the bank.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #26
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha..in the meantime is it ok to use the one I have though? Kind of stuck for $$ unfortunately
Old 03-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #27
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Gotcha..in the meantime is it ok to use the one I have though? Kind of stuck for $$ unfortunately
The $30 one from Walmart will not do the job....I started with the same thing before I discovered Autogeek and Adam's Polishes.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #28
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to clear up my paint too. Mine is pinstriped and scratched like effing crazy.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #29
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
The $30 one from Walmart will not do the job....I started with the same thing before I discovered Autogeek and Adam's Polishes.
Gotcha..thanks for the help, good sir. Put the DA on my wish list for my anniversary is my move
Old 03-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #30
Metalonslaught is on a distinguished road

Army:
Metalonslaught's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
Wash
Clay
Wipe clean or wash
Polish
Wipe clean or wash
Wax / Sealant
Collapse
Agreed! Do this every 6 months. The results are amazing. Be ready to set aside most of your day though. Also, having plenty of beer on hand helps too...
Old 04-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #32
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalonslaught View Post
Agreed! Do this every 6 months. The results are amazing. Be ready to set aside most of your day though. Also, having plenty of beer on hand helps too...
If you have someone correct it and not just slap some silicone filler on, it will not have to be done again if properly maintained.