Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

best waxing and detailing brands.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #41
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
tried out XMT 360 yesterday, needless to say, I am very impressed with the AIO (All In One) product. Doesn't have the cutting ability of a swirl remover, but did remove some scuffs too.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #42
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Jeez some of these pictures are like fucking colored mirrors! I just bought some really good stuff from the Denver Auto Show but i cant remember whats it called, Its in the garage and im to lazy to hunt it down haha
Old 05-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #43
bunxbun is on a distinguished road
Marines: Reserves 2821 TechCon
Name: Bunnath
bunxbun's Tacoma Gallery
Chemical Guys!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #44
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupster88 View Post
tried out XMT 360 yesterday, needless to say, I am very impressed with the AIO (All In One) product. Doesn't have the cutting ability of a swirl remover, but did remove some scuffs too.

from where ?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #45
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
from where ?
like where did I get it from?
Old 05-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #46
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
I tried the Meguire's NXT based on comments from here...it looked good at first but after a week there is absolutely NO beading. None!

Guess will go back to Turtle Wax Ice...or is there something better that last longer than Ice?
Old 05-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #47
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you find this? I just bought a black venza and traded my mag. Grey tacoma for a black double cab off road.

[QUOTE=haider320;6715045]Blackfire wet diamond. IMO, hands down the best product I have ever used. I use to use zaino, but this stuff is so much easier and better. Take a look at my black 5.0 I just traded in for my Tacoma.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
I tried the Meguire's NXT based on comments from here...it looked good at first but after a week there is absolutely NO beading. None!

Guess will go back to Turtle Wax Ice...or is there something better that last longer than Ice?
How did you apply it? XMT 360 should bead longer than that. If you really want some bead action you should try the Wolfgang Concourse series trio!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #49
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How did you apply it? XMT 360 should bead longer than that. If you really want some bead action you should try the Wolfgang Concourse series trio!

Got the paste version and applied it by hand and removed it the same way. Have NEVER had this happen before with any other product - even the cheap ones back in the day... Will just put on something else this weekend. I just wanted to try something that lasted longer than the Ice did but I guess that the NXT doesn't do that...
Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #50

Quote:
Got the paste version and applied it by hand and removed it the same way. Have NEVER had this happen before with any other product - even the cheap ones back in the day... Will just put on something else this weekend. I just wanted to try something that lasted longer than the Ice did but I guess that the NXT doesn't do that...
I've never tried NXT but would've thought its bead capabilit would've been better. That what this process is all about though, trial and error. Good luck man
Old 05-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #51

Quote:
I've never tried NXT but would've thought its bead capabilit would've been better. That what this process is all about though, trial and error. Good luck man

Thanks - like you said, its just trial and error. I put it on the weekend before this past one. Over this last weekend we had a ton of rain and when I looked out of the window all I could see was the water not even beading up in even the smallest form. I even clay barred it and all before doing this! It still looks good but will wash and put a coat of Ice on it and call it a day.

Anyone know of a product that protects/beads longer than Turtle Wax Ice? I live in Savannah and have no garage so am looking for some good stuff! Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #52

Quote:
Thanks - like you said, its just trial and error. I put it on the weekend before this past one. Over this last weekend we had a ton of rain and when I looked out of the window all I could see was the water not even beading up in even the smallest form. I even clay barred it and all before doing this! It still looks good but will wash and put a coat of Ice on it and call it a day.

Anyone know of a product that protects/beads longer than Turtle Wax Ice? I live in Savannah and have no garage so am looking for some good stuff! Thanks!
XMT 360 and Meg's D151 are great all in one products that you can apply by hand.

Here's a link to a thread that shows off beading after products used. Hope it helps ya find some new ideas.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ad.php?t=43346
Old 05-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #53

Quote:
XMT 360 and Meg's D151 are great all in one products that you can apply by hand.

Here's a link to a thread that shows off beading after products used. Hope it helps ya find some new ideas.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ad.php?t=43346

+1 for all of your help! Thanks again and will check into it tonight when I get home from work.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #54

Quote:
+1 for all of your help! Thanks again and will check into it tonight when I get home from work.
You're welcome man. It rained last night and my truck beaded like crazy. I used XMT with a polisher and it worked really well.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #55
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
like where did I get it from?
yes where did you order it from and how did you apply it?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #56
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I like Meg's products but NXT sucks. Klasse AIO has worked well for me. Going to try Adam's Super Sealant next.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #57
haider320 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Detective
haider320's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Yota1;6846058]Where do you find this? I just bought a black venza and traded my mag. Grey tacoma for a black double cab off road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haider320 View Post
Blackfire wet diamond. IMO, hands down the best product I have ever used. I use to use zaino, but this stuff is so much easier and better. Take a look at my black 5.0 I just traded in for my Tacoma.
Online. Just do a Google search.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
yes where did you order it from and how did you apply it?
autogeek.net They are currently having a 15% off sale (MAY2013 coupon code). I applied it with a polishing pad attached to my Porter Canle dual action mechanical polisher. All of which can be purchased from autogeek.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
I like Meg's products but NXT sucks. Klasse AIO has worked well for me. Going to try Adam's Super Sealant next.

Know anyone who has used this? Where can it be gotten? I really do not like the NXT and am going to just put something on top of it, but not sure - any suggestions?
Old 05-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #60

Quote:
Know anyone who has used this? Where can it be gotten? I really do not like the NXT and am going to just put something on top of it, but not sure - any suggestions?
I just did a quick google search and found some websites to get it at. Here is one . On top of that, I would do just a spray sealant such as Duragloss Aquawax. I use this stuff and love it. It's pretty cheap ($8.99) and smells great lol! I would say after you apply your polish go ahead and apply a quick coat of a spray sealant. What I do after that is each time I wash it I blow off as much water as possible and use the Duragloss as both a drying medium for the microfiber towel against the vehicle plus it is a quick detailer.

Products Discussed in this Thread