Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

best waxing and detailing brands.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #61
gary32 is on a distinguished road
gary32's Tacoma Gallery
waxing

The only thing I use on my new Tacoma is Liquid Glass.....this product is amazing but I could only find it on Amazon.com.....just read the reviews that's what sold me on it......once you put it on you let it bake in the sun for at least 4 hours before you can add a new coat.....the more coats the better....no waxy buildup....just be sure and go by the directions on the can.....trust me it earns its name....Liquid Glass.....because that's what your vehicle looks like after applying it!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #62
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy View Post
I haven't waxed a vehicle in years. After my Wrangler got demolished I haven't had a vehicle I wanted to put the effort into until now. I've seen a lot of products on here except for one. I went to consumer reports and Nu Finish is still rated as one of the top products. Is anyone else using this? I'm out of the loop on car detailing since it's been such a long time since I have had a new vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary32 View Post
The only thing I use on my new Tacoma is Liquid Glass.....this product is amazing but I could only find it on Amazon.com.....just read the reviews that's what sold me on it......once you put it on you let it bake in the sun for at least 4 hours before you can add a new coat.....the more coats the better....no waxy buildup....just be sure and go by the directions on the can.....trust me it earns its name....Liquid Glass.....because that's what your vehicle looks like after applying it!!!

"Find what you like and use it often." Mike Phillips

http://www.autogeek.net/carwax.html
Old 05-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #63
siggy is on a distinguished road
Name: Larry
siggy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not looking for a car show finish. I just want the paint protected from bird poop, tree sap etc.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #64
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not looking for a car show finish. I just want the paint protected from bird poop, tree sap etc.

Any quality sealant will provide what you are looking for unless you are interested in a "permanent" coating such as Opti-Coat, CQuartz or GTechniq. I have no experience with Nu-Finish but I don't hear anything positive about it on the detailing forums. I would recommend Meguiar's #21, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant or Blackfire Wet Diamond. If you are looking for a durable over the counter product try to find Duragloss #501, #105 or #111. Meg's Ultimate Wax or NXT 2.0 are also quality products that should provide several months of protection.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #65
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
Any quality sealant will provide what you are looking for unless you are interested in a "permanent" coating such as Opti-Coat, CQuartz or GTechniq. I have no experience with Nu-Finish but I don't hear anything positive about it on the detailing forums. I would recommend Meguiar's #21, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant or Blackfire Wet Diamond. If you are looking for a durable over the counter product try to find Duragloss #501, #105 or #111. Meg's Ultimate Wax or NXT 2.0 are also quality products that should provide several months of protection.
I beg to differ... NXT 2.0 sucks. As I said in my posts on the last page, it did not bead at all in during the rainstorm the weekend following the waxing. When I rub my finger on the truck, there is no wax feeling, only the "squeakyness" that comes from a totally unwaxed vehicle...
Old 05-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #66
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I am too...I put TW Ice on my wife's Tahoe two weeks ago and we took it down to south FL over the holiday weekend...and it is still beading just like when I first put it on. Unlike some other type that I previously mentioned.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #67
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
I beg to differ... NXT 2.0 sucks. As I said in my posts on the last page, it did not bead at all in during the rainstorm the weekend following the waxing. When I rub my finger on the truck, there is no wax feeling, only the "squeakyness" that comes from a totally unwaxed vehicle...

Not sure how you applied it, or how much soap you used on your next wash, but NXT 2.0 works great for me.

NXT 2.0 keeps water beading on my Taco for at least 3 months. The last time I applied it was in January, and it went until the end of March before it showed signs of no beading. I need to do it again soon to prepare for the hot summer sun.

Maybe you are using too much soap when washing? Too much soap will strip any protectant/wax away.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Not sure how you applied it, or how much soap you used on your next wash, but NXT 2.0 works great for me.

NXT 2.0 keeps water beading on my Taco for at least 3 months. The last time I applied it was in January, and it went until the end of March before it showed signs of no beading. I need to do it again soon to prepare for the hot summer sun.

Maybe you are using too much soap when washing? Too much soap will strip any protectant/wax away.

I had not washed it in the time between the clay bar/waxing and the rainstorm (almost a week - roughly five or six days at most). That was roughly a month ago now and it feels like it nothing was ever applied. I will have time this weekend to give it a good waxing and will just use whatever Ice I have remaining.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #69
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
X2 on the NXT.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #70
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sticking by my original selection for my BSP Taco I had years ago, the Wolfgang Trio (Total Swirl Remover + Finishing Glaze + Deep Gloss Paint Sealant) is the way to go for a great shine, but with some awesome protection.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #71
Pictographer
triplejjj has a spectacular aura abouttriplejjj has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jerry
triplejjj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Off the shelf NXT 2.0 tech wax is hard to beat for one step.

I use old school Klasse. Cleaner wax, and high gloss sealant. That keeps the paint clean and protected. I throw a regular carnauba on top of that for the wet look. I don't do amy correction on my Tacoma since it is out on thetrail getting pinstriped a few times a month, but this process keeps it looking good. Plus silver is very forgiving.

I honed my skills on a black '09 GT500. It was beautiful, but a part time job to keep it that way.

I do the same thing as you, Klasse is great stuff. I'll put a coat of real wax
over it for a showroom shine.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #72
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary32 View Post
Bingo Used liquid glass for 25 years & I get dam that thing looks new all the time on My 07
Old 06-07-2013, 02:59 AM   #74
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
Ha, Jim, I spy some Lucas slickmist amongst the bunch. I have some and like it so far. As for the liquid glass, sounds interesting. always on the lookout for fantastic detailing products
I like it for hard to get at places, It's only good for 30 days or so in the Fla sun.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #75
Trev
Trev407 is on a distinguished road
Name: Trev
Trev407's Tacoma Gallery
I use Meguiar's Cleaner Wax for detailing. But if its just a quick wash than I use Meguiar's Quick Wax and Quick Detailer. The Detailer is to help with water spots and assist in drying. Then spray, buff and wipe off the the quick wax. It beats just washing it. Top it off with some with some Meguiars tire shine. Use a lot of Turtle Wax Bug Remover in the summer for Florida bugs.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #76
Silver12 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Silver12's Tacoma Gallery
I am surprised no one has mentioned Smartwax

I use Eagle One Nano Wash and Wax along with the Smartwax Professional Wax and Smart Detailer.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #77
jaymay82 is on a distinguished road
jaymay82's Tacoma Gallery
Nanoskin products
Old 04-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #78
Tacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Tacodriver's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys recommend any wax from Autozone or Oreillys? I just want some wax I can use once or twice a year after a wash or wash and clay, that would make the water bead for 6 to 12 months.

I have used Turtle "hard shell" wax but it seems to wash off after a few washes. I had the same problem with my xB...is it a Toyota paint/clear coat problem?
Old 04-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #79
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodriver View Post
Do you guys recommend any wax from Autozone or Oreillys? I just want some wax I can use once or twice a year after a wash or wash and clay, that would make the water bead for 6 to 12 months.

I have used Turtle "hard shell" wax but it seems to wash off after a few washes. I had the same problem with my xB...is it a Toyota paint/clear coat problem?
You are going to need a sealant but I think getting 6 months out of a sealant is pushing it. Sealants last longer than wax. I know have seen Meguiars mirror glaze products at Autozone. See if they have the sealant.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #80
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.chemicalguys.com/

Products Discussed in this Thread