Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

best waxing and detailing brands.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #81
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.chemicalguys.com/
Old 04-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #82
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodriver View Post
Do you guys recommend any wax from Autozone or Oreillys? I just want some wax I can use once or twice a year after a wash or wash and clay, that would make the water bead for 6 to 12 months.

I have used Turtle "hard shell" wax but it seems to wash off after a few washes. I had the same problem with my xB...is it a Toyota paint/clear coat problem?
I would try Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax if I were you. Like so many OTC products it is actually a synthetic sealant not a "wax". Many detailers professional and novice alike experience excellent shine and durability with this product. Advance Auto Parts sells Griot's Garage Paint Sealant but I don't think you would get any more durability from that. If you look around you may find Duragloss products. They have several wonderful sealants that will provide some of the best protection short of a permanent coating. DG 501, 105, 111 are all excellent products. You can also use DG 601 bonding agent to assist in layering the sealant and possibly increase durability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
You are going to need a sealant but I think getting 6 months out of a sealant is pushing it. Sealants last longer than wax. I know have seen Meguiars mirror glaze products at Autozone. See if they have the sealant.

Which would be M21. The professional version of Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0. A very good product! I agree that 6 months is a little too long for my comfort.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #83
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Really? It gives me a headache trying to sort out all the overlapping products and over the top marketing!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #84
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
Thanks - like you said, its just trial and error. I put it on the weekend before this past one. Over this last weekend we had a ton of rain and when I looked out of the window all I could see was the water not even beading up in even the smallest form. I even clay barred it and all before doing this! It still looks good but will wash and put a coat of Ice on it and call it a day.

Anyone know of a product that protects/beads longer than Turtle Wax Ice? I live in Savannah and have no garage so am looking for some good stuff! Thanks!
http://www.amazon.com/Nu-Finish-Liqu...words=Nufinish

http://www.nufinish.com/products/car-polish

This is the bomb.
I know some will disagree but I have used at least 45-50 different waxes, polishes, sealers etc on the past 5 vehicles I have owned.
Nu finish is the easiest, best looking results and beads the longest out of anything I have ever used. It is cheap, effective, and keeps my vehicles looking new even for living in the hot FL sun in Jacksonville, FL.
I swear by it. (Cheaper at Walmart). You can even put this stuff on in direct sunlight. I drive around FL and I see so many vehicles with the clear coat baked right off the hood and roof. I have used nothing else but this and have had great protection and results.
Just my opinion however.

http://www.amazon.com/Nu-Finish-Liqu...words=Nufinish
Old 04-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #85
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
anything by adams. i promise, if you use adams products, you will never go back to anything else
Old 04-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #86
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy View Post
I haven't waxed a vehicle in years. After my Wrangler got demolished I haven't had a vehicle I wanted to put the effort into until now. I've seen a lot of products on here except for one. I went to consumer reports and Nu Finish is still rated as one of the top products. Is anyone else using this? I'm out of the loop on car detailing since it's been such a long time since I have had a new vehicle.
Yes this stuff is great I have used it soley for about 10 year it is amazing...see my comment above PM for any questions
Old 04-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #87
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
Really? It gives me a headache trying to sort out all the overlapping products and over the top marketing!

yes really... I have used their products since day one of them opening their doors, and they work.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:26 AM   #89
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
my (old) evo x and xrunner all purdied up with adams products...

Old 04-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #90
Coppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant future

Coppertone's Tacoma Gallery
All of the "top tier" products are pretty much the same stuff. Indistinguishable by the human eye from a picture. Prep work is everything. Wax does little to nothing to enhance shine on a pristine polished vehicle. I have tried most things under the sun on the car in my sig, and my conclusion is that you find a product you like to use, and use it often. Most times (as long as its a product from a reputable company), it doesn't matter what you use......just that you use it.

Brand loyalty in the car care business doesn't hold any water for me.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #92
Sugar Silva is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Sugar Silva's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing I've tried beats Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. I get it from autogeek.net. At $40 a bottle it's not cheap but it lasts 3 months easy. I like the look of carnauba on dark colors but you just can't argue the longevity and ease of application of a high quality synthetic. Plus synthetics don't stain like carnubas so no taping
Old 04-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #93
Coppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Silva View Post
Nothing I've tried beats Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. I get it from autogeek.net. At $40 a bottle it's not cheap but it lasts 3 months easy. I like the look of carnauba on dark colors but you just can't argue the longevity and ease of application of a high quality synthetic. Plus synthetics don't stain like carnubas so no taping
I've used WDGPS (see what I did there?) for years and like it solely due to the ease of use and durability. It is the easiest stuff to remove I have ever worked with. I, along with 99.9% of the population can't tell the difference between carnauba vs sealant, visually. I've been detailing cars for 15 years now as a hobby, and I have to be honest with myself and others. On a properly POLISHED vehicle, in 99.9% of instances, I can't tell the difference between freshly polished - no last step product, carnauba, and sealant. If someone tells you they can, wave your BS flag......most times, you'll be right.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #94
Sugar Silva is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Sugar Silva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
I've used WDGPS (see what I did there?) for years and like it solely due to the ease of use and durability. It is the easiest stuff to remove I have ever worked with. I, along with 99.9% of the population can't tell the difference between carnauba vs sealant, visually. I've been detailing cars for 15 years now as a hobby, and I have to be honest with myself and others. On a properly POLISHED vehicle, in 99.9% of instances, I can't tell the difference between freshly polished - no last step product, carnauba, and sealant. If someone tells you they can, wave your BS flag......most times, you'll be right.
Well nice to see there are others out there who appreciate WDGPS. Count me in the .1% I guess but I do see a minor difference between carnuba and synthetic and only on darker colors. Again, the difference is minor but to me, it's there. Now one more thing I will say, I've tried a can of carnuba that costs $75 and I see ZERO difference between it and Meguiars Gold. So for me I would say if you prefer carnuba more power to ya but don't waste money on designer stuff.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Silva View Post
Well nice to see there are others out there who appreciate WDGPS. Count me in the .1% I guess but I do see a minor difference between carnuba and synthetic and only on darker colors. Again, the difference is minor but to me, it's there. Now one more thing I will say, I've tried a can of carnuba that costs $75 and I see ZERO difference between it and Meguiars Gold. So for me I would say if you prefer carnuba more power to ya but don't waste money on designer stuff.
I hear ya. I used to think I saw differences between them, but hundreds of "waxings" later, I realized I can't. I agree with Junkman from the auto geek forums and youtube. Check him out.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGwQDVbOgo

He plays a game where you guess what wax is used. Spoiler alert.....no wax or sealant of any kind is on the car.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:07 PM   #96
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
I hear ya. I used to think I saw differences between them, but hundreds of "waxings" later, I realized I can't. I agree with Junkman from the auto geek forums and youtube. Check him out.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGwQDVbOgo

He plays a game where you guess what wax is used. Spoiler alert.....no wax or sealant of any kind is on the car.
It's not about the shine it's about making the shine last. Going from wax to wax some last a few days and others last for weeks on end.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #97
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
sealants are the way to go, then top with a wax if you do so desire. I rarely wax unless a customer asks for it.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
It's not about the shine it's about making the shine last. Going from wax to wax some last a few days and others last for weeks on end.
Sure, but we're talking about if it's likely to be able to visually tell the difference between products.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #99
Ecidemon is on a distinguished road
Ecidemon's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a huge fan of any Zaino products I've used. If not for cost, it's all I'd ever use. http://www.zainostore.com/
Old 05-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #100
AJO432 is on a distinguished road
AJO432's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecidemon View Post
I'm a huge fan of any Zaino products I've used. If not for cost, it's all I'd ever use. http://www.zainostore.com/
+1

Products Discussed in this Thread