Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

best waxing and detailing brands.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
best waxing and detailing brands.

I like Meguiars, what does everyone else use?
Old 03-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
turtle products.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiars, Adams Polish (my favorite), Klasse

Pretty much the only brand I use is Adams Polishes right now.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
Mother's and Meguiar's are excellent.

I really want to try some stuff from Griot's.
I'm going to order the wash bucket. Expensive, but it looks really nice.
Maybe one of the sets will be a better deal.

Thinking something like this:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...ortby=ourPicks

Anyone use this stuff?

Chris
Old 03-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executive View Post
Ditto.

There's a lot of pro-level stuff out there that works wonderfully, but seriously, unless you are wanting to maintain a show-quality finish, these two are going to keep your truck looking good and protect the paint.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
Goose8651's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executive View Post

I really want to try some stuff from Griot's.
I'm going to order the wash bucket. Expensive, but it looks really nice.
Maybe one of the sets will be a better deal.

Thinking something like this:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...ortby=ourPicks

Anyone use this stuff?

Chris
I use griots for the interior cleaner, wheel cleaner, and rubber cleaner. I also own the bucket like in the link. The buckets are great, especially with the casters.

Other items from Griots I use are the cleaning brushes and wheel MIT. I have tried their wax, but not a big fan of it.

I currently use Mothers California Gold waxes and absolutely love them. Easy to put on and easy to take off. The Texas heat has not been an issue with it either. I have had problems with other waxes that even though the vehicle is "cool" and in the shade, the temperatures still play into the the wax.

Just started using Adams products (Super VRT for the win!). I have been thinking about trying out the waxes/polishes, but need to run out of my current stash.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . . Sub'd
Old 03-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #9
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
I use meguiars clay bar than zymol cleaner wax than jax wax to top it off! Shines better than new. For the inside I use meguiars super shine. Than for windows ill use invisible glass.

For waxes I've used about everything on the market. I really like that jax wax it's pure carnauba goes on super easy and comes off really easy lasts for a while.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose8651 View Post
I use griots for the interior cleaner, wheel cleaner, and rubber cleaner. I also own the bucket like in the link. The buckets are great, especially with the casters.

Other items from Griots I use are the cleaning brushes and wheel MIT. I have tried their wax, but not a big fan of it.

I currently use Mothers California Gold waxes and absolutely love them. Easy to put on and easy to take off. The Texas heat has not been an issue with it either. I have had problems with other waxes that even though the vehicle is "cool" and in the shade, the temperatures still play into the the wax.

Just started using Adams products (Super VRT for the win!). I have been thinking about trying out the waxes/polishes, but need to run out of my current stash.
They sel all that stuff at advanced auto parts in North Carolina, look local there might be some stuff in that kit you dont want and you can just get what you need.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
I like...oh never mind.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #12
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
I've only started waxing recently, but I like the Turtle wax I have; It leaves a nice clean shine.

Matt
Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #13
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
Chemical Guys
Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #14
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
Liquid glass.. Awesome shit
Old 04-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #15
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
PBMG (Blackfire, Wolfgang, Pinnacle) and Meguiar's mostly. I will try anything once however . I would love to get my hands on some of Auto Finesse's offerings and some other european brands.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #16
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Old 04-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #17
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
Menzerna, Meguiar's Professional, p21s, leatherique, 1z einszett, Optimum, CarPRO and lots more.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #18
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure I could use ONE brand. That would be torture!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #19
na8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Name: Mark
na8rboy's Tacoma Gallery
Turtle wax ice nothing stick's to it bugs wipe right off. Doesn't turn plastic gray/white.
Paste works best, and use Turtle wax Syn detail spray in between waxes.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
haider320 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Detective
haider320's Tacoma Gallery
Blackfire wet diamond. IMO, hands down the best product I have ever used. I use to use zaino, but this stuff is so much easier and better. Take a look at my black 5.0 I just traded in for my Tacoma.

Products Discussed in this Thread