I found some universal rubber flares from JEGS, check it out here
. I then got some rubber mat material at Home Depot
, picture below. Also grabbed some small bolts, nuts, washers and L-brackets (also pictured).
I started by removing the rear stock flares and fender-well lining and drilling holes into the fender about 4" apart. The rubber flaring was then cut to length and drilled a hole into one end, bolted it to the fender with the L bracket on the inside. Then I lined up the flaring to the next hole, drilled a hole in the rubber and attached another bolt and L bracket and continued this to the end.
The hard part was cutting the new fender-well material to fit. This was a matter of holding the material in the fender, cutting here to fit this, cutting here to go around that etc. In the end one side was connected to each L bracket, the other side was connected in three spots, two with self-tapping screws into the bed and one ziptied to the crossmember that goes from the bed to the fender.
The front was easier because I reused the fender-well liner and did not remove it. The rest was done the same as the rears except no L brackets, the flaring was just bolted straight onto the fender. I cut a notch in the flaring at the top, rear curve so the flaring would curve better (shouldve done the same to the rear).
The mudflaps no longer fit since they were partially attached to the stock flares so I went down to Knechts Auto and got some of their thick rubber 12x18 mudflaps. These will be mounted tonight or tomorrow.
This was a two day project for me and I quickly learned by living down a dirt road (kept muddy by Corvallis rain) that mudflaps are VERY effective at keeping mud and dirt off the ENTIRE side of your truck. I'll post some pics of that, too.
The fender-well material I used, $10 at HD
The bolts I used
After holes drilled into rear fenders