Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Removing crappy brushed / rolled on bedliner?

Old 04-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #1
Backinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Backinblack03's Tacoma Gallery
Removing crappy brushed / rolled on bedliner?

Prior to me, a poor layer of DIY bedliner was applied to the truck. I'm ok with it being in the bed, but it's all over the top rails, preventing me from even getting close to a good seal with the BakFlip. Any recommendations for removing this stuff? It looks and feels like black dried cottage cheese...

Pics later...
Old 04-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
I think you would be better off finding a thick foam seal than trying to remove the bedliner.

But to answer your question I've heard of people using herculiner xylene, soaking it in brake cleaner overnight, dry ice blasting, and using a torch/paint scraper.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #3
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
I think you would be better off finding a thick foam seal than trying to remove the bedliner.

But to answer your question I've heard of people using herculiner xylene, soaking it in brake cleaner overnight, dry ice blasting, and using a torch/paint scraper.
Just curious, is that all one solution, or all the different methods used?