Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Need to change up the front end.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Need to change up the front end.

Just want to know if i'm going about this right. This is what i'm aiming for. (truck on Left) (Just the grill)

(sorry if i stole this pic, got it off of google)

So i should start by going to go my to local paint shop to get my grill color matched. Then buy Grillcraft off of ebay for just under $200. Then what lights should i buy for behind the grillcraft grill. (ones that fit and are fairly bright for the money) How do i mount the lights behind the grill? Is installing the grillcraft grill hard? How about installing my devil horns emblem in the new grill, is that hard?

I have done many searches but it seems like i'm the only dumb one. Any other way i should go about it?

Thanks,
Justin
Old 04-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Been looking at homer taco's work and it looks really good. Should i just go with one of his? Just not sure how long of a wait it would be.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus 524 View Post
Been looking at homer taco's work and it looks really good. Should i just go with one of his? Just not sure how long of a wait it would be.
Craig (homertaco) does awesome work man!

As for lights, alot of ppl run hella 500 with hid conversion mounted to a BAMF light bar specially designed for mounting behind grills.

Aka "elusive elements"

Just make sure to ask him or others if u can fit x light behind a satoshi.....maybe a thin lip
Old 04-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
I did a thin lip specifically so I could put lights behind it!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
beaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: scott
beaver_scott's Tacoma Gallery
buy a cheap oem grill online that you can paint. get paint and supplies from automotivetouchup.com. they will have your color code for paint matching. buy a grillcraft grill from amazon.com for around 160-180. buy a b.a.m.f light bar for behind the grill light mounting. get yourself some hella 500 lights and you are set. pm me if you need any detailed instructions.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #9

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Craig (homertaco) does awesome work man!

As for lights, alot of ppl run hella 500 with hid conversion mounted to a BAMF light bar specially designed for mounting behind grills.

Aka "elusive elements"

Just make sure to ask him or others if u can fit x light behind a satoshi.....maybe a thin lip
Thanks for the info on the lights and the thin lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Shoot me a PM if I can be of any assistance!
PM comming in the next few days. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc4216 View Post
I did a thin lip specifically so I could put lights behind it!
Thin lip. ok got it. Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I think I've seen your truck before. Any info on what you had for lights? Did you buy a grillcraft? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver_scott View Post
buy a cheap oem grill online that you can paint. get paint and supplies from automotivetouchup.com. they will have your color code for paint matching. buy a grillcraft grill from amazon.com for around 160-180. buy a b.a.m.f light bar for behind the grill light mounting. get yourself some hella 500 lights and you are set. pm me if you need any detailed instructions.
Great idea I will have to look up some of that stuff. BTW sweet looking truck! Grill matches perfect. You paint that yourself?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #12

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
It is a grillcraft. The devil horns bolt right up to the mesh. Those are Hella 500's mounted to a lightbar behind the grill that is now made by BAMF. I moved the 500's to my 4runner and now have Hella 700's on my Tacoma.
Sounds good.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #13
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver_scott View Post

Very nice looking truck. Exactly the look I'm going for. Thx for the info.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
2xR is on a distinguished road
Army:
2xR's Tacoma Gallery
What is the HID conversion for the Hella 500s? I was going to buy the 500 series Black Magic Hellas...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I'd aim for the look of the entire truck.