Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

The Magic Eraser

Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Flynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Flynn Diesel's Tacoma Gallery
The Magic Eraser

So call me a little anal when it comes to keeping my ride clean. I want to keep it looking new for as long as possible. So after giving it a bath yesterday I noticed a bunch of ugly marks I just could not remove with soap and water. Most noticeably were the nasty scratch/scuff marks under the door handles. Even my best car cleaning products could not remove them. So I busted out the Magic Eraser! The results were Magical!

DISCLAIMER: The packaging clearly says not to use on glossy surfaces and auto body.

As soft as the Magic Eraser feels it’s actually very abrasiveand can cause fine scratches and dulling. It may not be as noticeable on white paint as it would be a darker color so I strongly recommend you use caution when using this product.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Looks way better! Awesome!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I use Magic Erasers all of the time on the black plastic parts of the truck - bumpers, mirrors, window trim - its amazing. I got tired of the faded grey look and hated the shiny finish other products would leave. The Magic Erasers get rid of all of the built up gunk on the surface of the plastic and bring it back to almost new.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Flynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Flynn Diesel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
I use Magic Erasers all of the time on the black plastic parts of the truck - bumpers, mirrors, window trim - its amazing. I got tired of the faded grey look and hated the shiny finish other products would leave. The Magic Erasers get rid of all of the built up gunk on the surface of the plastic and bring it back to almost new.
Have you noticed any fading?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Diesel View Post
Have you noticed any fading?
No fading...I think the black parts look so much better by just using the erasers. Of course this is all on unpainted plastic, never used it on the painted parts of the body.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
88nitro305 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
88nitro305's Tacoma Gallery
Ever use it on the interior? My door handles and center console being light tan show dirt like crazy and I was wondering if the Magic Eraser would be the perfect tool to use