Quick Car wash hose attachment?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
sciencerabbit is on a distinguished road

Name: John
sciencerabbit's Tacoma Gallery
Quick Car wash hose attachment?

Okay, I know I am not crazy... I think

Does anyone else remember a car washing hose attachment that sprayed cleaner on your car? It was like a one step car rinse.

If so do you know what it was called or where I can get something similar?

I'm just looking for a quick "spray the dust and pollen off" type thing without leaving spots and having to towel dry.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
GTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GTechoma's Tacoma Gallery
Like the Mr. Clean Autodry?

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-AutoD.../dp/B0006M56CE

That is the one that comes to mind... but I think they discontinued it.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #3

Yep that was it. Any suggestions for something similar out there?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
GTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencerabbit View Post
Yep that was it. Any suggestions for something similar out there?
I was looking around and some people mentioned this... the Soap Jet... but I have no experience with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Schroeder-Indu.../dp/B004LG7QE2

Seems like the Mr. Clean kit is still around via Amazon and you can buy the replacement cartridges there too. Just discontinued in stores, and I imagine they will run out of stock at some point.

I stick with the old fashioned garden hose and leaf blower/microfiber towel method.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #5

I'm still planning on washing by hand regularly, its just really annoying to have a pollen covered car two days after washing it.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #6

Quote:
I'm still planning on washing by hand regularly, its just really annoying to have a pollen covered car two days after washing it.
Haha... no kidding. I think the pollen is extra thick this year.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay, I know I am not crazy... I think

Does anyone else remember a car washing hose attachment that sprayed cleaner on your car? It was like a one step car rinse.

If so do you know what it was called or where I can get something similar?

I'm just looking for a quick "spray the dust and pollen off" type thing without leaving spots and having to towel dry.
i use this foam gun but more for a pre soak before i hand wash. you could increase the water to soap ratio and make it less sudsy, then just rinse it off. but unless you're using a water filtration or purification system to wash your truck with, you'll always get water spots due to impurities in the water. if your truck is properly waxed, the water will just about bead off the truck completely and you can dry it in about 5 minutes
Old 05-12-2013, 04:57 AM   #8
pjs42 is on a distinguished road

Army: Enginering
Name: Steve
pjs42's Tacoma Gallery
I like washing it by hand, because I have graphic's on it

Products Discussed in this Thread