Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Anyone with a black vehicle READ THIS!!!

Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #22
pklintworth is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
pklintworth's Tacoma Gallery
does it work for getting scratches out of flat black trucks?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #23
Brrap634 is on a distinguished road

Name: Terry
Brrap634's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Does this stuff actually work well on windows?
you serious?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #24
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrap634 View Post
you serious?
About what exactly? Haha I've waxed my windows before, it works just like the rain-x spray does. I wasn't sure if this stuff did because of it being specifically for black paint.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just bought some, I'll try it this weekend. $17.76 at WalMart.

Only one pump sprayer head for 3 separate bottles??
Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #27
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommehK View Post
Only one pump sprayer head for 3 separate bottles??
The only bottles you need the sprayer for are the pre-wax cleaner and the spray detailer. I don't see a problem with it?
Old 04-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #28
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
JUST A WORD OF WARNING:

This turtle black box product works pretty well, it's good stuff! I use it all the time on my black beauty, but... let me warn all the first timers to make sure you are wearing cheap ass ragged clothes when you are applying this product cause it will sh*t stain anything lighter than black that you are wearing.

What I'm really trying to say is keep your fantasy island outfits in the closet when you are working with this stuff.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #29
Brrap634 is on a distinguished road

Name: Terry
Brrap634's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
About what exactly? Haha I've waxed my windows before, it works just like the rain-x spray does. I wasn't sure if this stuff did because of it being specifically for black paint.
I had no idea you could do that.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #30

So I used the kit today. It worked pretty well. Not just amazingly better than other carnauba waxes, but with the amount of materials you get for the price, it's worth it to me!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #31
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a load of fillers to me. Please post when the scratches come back. Don't forget to practice safe washing and drying techniques.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #32
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
Looks like a load of fillers to me. Please post when the scratches come back. Don't forget to practice safe washing and drying techniques.
x2! I am sure it looks great, but a good swirl remover with a cutting attached to a dual action orbital polisher is the only way to get them out. You could buy the most expensive product, spend all day on the truck, and wash it wrong the first time and you're back to pre-detail conditions.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #33

Like I said, it did good but obviously isn't anything like doing it professionally with an orbital polisher. But for people like me that don't have experience in using a electric buffer and would rather not run the risk of ruining the paint, it works well.

I didn't buy it to remove the scratches from my paint, I know it takes more work than simple fillers. But I needed new wax anyways and for the price it is worth it.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #34
DannyD is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
The bottles of wax will last a long time. I got lots left after atleast a dozen applications. I try and do it once a month for general waxing. In summer I may add a third layer of wax, something like maquirs old fashioned cornauba. I think the black pigments are a gimick. You can use it on a white vehicle and wont notice anything. But the basic principle, cleaner wax then a cornauba is what you want. And spray detailers are great, after every wash I use them to get rid of water marks.