Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Polishing Tacoma

Old 04-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Bazookabill is on a distinguished road
Bazookabill's Tacoma Gallery
Polishing Tacoma

Well...my trucks back from the dealership...forgot to ask them not to wash it and now the truck has swirl marks all over it..@$#!@ I don't really have the cash right now to buy a porter cable polisher..so im looking to hand polish the whole truck...these are light scratches so im assuming I can do this whole truck in a couple of hours....any recommendations...from what ive read meguiars colour X and some microfibre pads is all I need..any techniques to hand polishing will be much appreciated..and if you guys could tell me what products you recommend....
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
Jason McCabe taco is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: fathers been in for 24 years. chief
Name: Jason
Jason McCabe taco's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Ice wax works really well. Wont use anything else. It is up in price though.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McCabe taco View Post
Ice wax works really well. Wont use anything else. It is up in price though.
Ice wax is just going to fill in the swirls temporarily, it's not a paint correction and shouldn't be used as one.

I would take the truck back to the dealership and have them deal with it. Demand the truck be professionally corrected.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Swirls from just washing? Usually happens when someone isn't paying attention with the orbital. I agree with the prev post...have the dealer polish it out, either by hand or with someone who can run the machine properly
Old 05-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer caused it, dealer fixes it.

Only detriment to this is that you have picked it up from them already, always call them on stuff before you take it back.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #6
Marc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc702's Tacoma Gallery
You're not alone. My dealer scratched the shit out of my 2013's black paint last month (truck was a month old).

I bought all the goods I needed and spent 2 days correcting the paint. I just did a ton of internet research regarding products and technique. (I had never done this before).

Turned out awesome.

Want something done right, do it yourself.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #7
Rsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Rsoxfan1's Tacoma Gallery
If the dealer won't fix it, go buy Meg's ultimate polish and ultimate wax. Highly rated OTC stuff the....
Old 06-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
Bazookabill is on a distinguished road
Bazookabill's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys reccomend this product by hand?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about your truck man

If you do it with a machine it will look 100x better. Doing it by hand you won't be able to heat up the clear enough to fix the scratches.

I would personally just use a really nice handwax for now and then down the road get a polisher and fix the damage properly.

Sorry to hear about