LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Interior Dash scratch repair

Old 05-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
figaroni is on a distinguished road
figaroni's Tacoma Gallery
Interior Dash scratch repair

So as ive mentioned before i bought the truck used. Im slowly geting aorund to fixing all the things that need fixing. SO i was detailing the interior this morning and noticed what i THOUGHT was a small black ink mark on the dash. So i began to use some cleaner to remove it. Nothing happened. So i got some ink/tar remover and put a littl eon the rag and with my fingernail rubbed at it real good. Only to stop and to my surprise my black mark was now bigger. As if the die or ink transfered and spread and got smudged. So i scrubbed at it some more an dit got worse. Turns out i wore off the grey interior dye and the black bare dash is now shwoing through. It started like the shape of the "0" on your keyboard and now is the size of a nickle!! I have no idiea what to do or how to repair it. Ide to junk up my truck by putting a sticker over it. Any ideas or suggesttions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if re-dying or repainting it would work or not. Maybe those black restoration products might work. I'm not sure though because I'm pretty sure they're meant specifically for exterior black plastic. Although it might be worth looking into.

Maybe look at junk yards for a new dash? Depending on where it is, you might be able to cover it up with a dash mounted GPS. That's all I can think of but if I think of anything else I'll be sure to let you know.