1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interior Dash scratch repair

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by figaroni, May 4, 2013.

1. May 4, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    figaroni

figaroni [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 4Runner TE
    K&N Cai, Borla Catback,Toytec coilovers, 5100s, 33" GY ATs, more to come
    So as ive mentioned before i bought the truck used. Im slowly geting aorund to fixing all the things that need fixing. SO i was detailing the interior this morning and noticed what i THOUGHT was a small black ink mark on the dash. So i began to use some cleaner to remove it. Nothing happened. So i got some ink/tar remover and put a littl eon the rag and with my fingernail rubbed at it real good. Only to stop and to my surprise my black mark was now bigger. As if the die or ink transfered and spread and got smudged. So i scrubbed at it some more an dit got worse. Turns out i wore off the grey interior dye and the black bare dash is now shwoing through. It started like the shape of the "0" on your keyboard and now is the size of a nickle!! I have no idiea what to do or how to repair it. Ide to junk up my truck by putting a sticker over it. Any ideas or suggesttions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. May 21, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    I don't know if re-dying or repainting it would work or not. Maybe those black restoration products might work. I'm not sure though because I'm pretty sure they're meant specifically for exterior black plastic. Although it might be worth looking into.

Maybe look at junk yards for a new dash? Depending on where it is, you might be able to cover it up with a dash mounted GPS. That's all I can think of but if I think of anything else I'll be sure to let you know.

Products Discussed in

To Top