Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

truck bed

Old 05-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
JoeHenry is on a distinguished road
JoeHenry's Tacoma Gallery
truck bed

Iv got a 2013 Tacoma. Is there away to get scratches out of the plastic bed?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
umm, why if i might ask?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
U can cover scratches on the bottom with a bedmat.

Scratches........maybe aerospace 303? Should darken things and not attract dust.

Just guesses since I've never tried, and will never try to clean the bed anymore than hosing it out.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:12 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
umm, why if i might ask?
Just wondering is all.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:30 AM   #5
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Here we go again. OP try buffing and waxing weekly.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #6
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
truck bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
He's talking about the inside his bed.....
Old 05-07-2013, 03:58 AM   #7
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
He's talking about the inside his bed.....
Yeah, me too.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:59 AM   #8
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah, me too.
So you buff and wax the inside of your bed?
Old 05-07-2013, 04:00 AM   #9
sgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of light
Army: Infantry
Name: Scott
sgrappone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Easy on the newbies. Rag!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #10

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fu@k no. Mine is a trucks and it is used as one.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
^ Boom
Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #12
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 AM   #13
Didnt mean to cause a fuss.Just hoping for alittle advice if there was any.I have to fwd drive everyday thru a creek and up a mountain to get home.Iv hauled a few rocks and short logs for borders for my vegetable garden in my bottom land and on the mountain.I gro most my own food.But I still want to do my best to take care of my truck and make it last as long as I can.Thats usally 10 to 15 years. If theres nothing that can be done about scratches or cuts in the bed then Ill live with it.
Thank you kindly for the replies.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHenry View Post
Didnt mean to cause a fuss.Just hoping for alittle advice if there was any.I have to fwd drive everyday thru a creek and up a mountain to get home.Iv hauled a few rocks and short logs for borders for my vegetable garden in my bottom land and on the mountain.I gro most my own food.But I still want to do my best to take care of my truck and make it last as long as I can.Thats usally 10 to 15 years. If theres nothing that can be done about scratches or cuts in the bed then Ill live with it.
The rubber bed mat helps a lot!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Fu@k no. Mine is a trucks and it is used as one.
LOL!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #16

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHenry View Post
Being composite it happens, I put the bed mat in mine to help with stuff sliding around. The bed mat is worth the money.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #17
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Def get a bed mat....minus scratches..cuts..dings..Welcome to the world of a working truck..my 2012 has plenty of scratches..cuts and dings on the inside of the bed and tailgate from work. I do wash it out when I clean my truck though..HA!(Stuff likes to pile up under my toolbox in the corners)
Old 05-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #18
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
U could rhino line it or something of the sorts. My pops took out his plastic bed guard and rhino lined it twice and it's pretty tough now. I thought about doing the same. Plus it grips where mine doesn't. He doesn't have to strap a lot down.