Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

plasti dip INTERIOR

Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
JOHNNYSTACO is on a distinguished road
Name: Johnny
JOHNNYSTACO's Tacoma Gallery
plasti dip INTERIOR

Hey guys just been going back and forth about plasti dipping my interior.... i was wondering if anyone has done so can you post pictures so i can see and make my final decision... thanks
Old 05-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
Nobody????? Common
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
i was thinking thiss too and how durable it is if you touch it with your hands?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just use some black paint with a flat clear? Plasti dip seems to catch dirt and turn grayish purple much quicker.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
bmka87 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
bmka87's Tacoma Gallery
I've had this stuff on the outside (around the door handle area to protect from everyday scratches) of my commuter car for over a year now and has shocked me at how well it's held up. Through car washes, sun, rain, snow, etc. I did three coats so if I wanted to take it off there would be enough to peel easily.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
i habe done all my emblems and my grill with plasti-dip i just want to see if anyone has done it to inside of any interior piece and what it looks like
Old 05-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen one picture where someone did the kit for the aftermarket HU and it looked ok. I'd still use paint personally.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about using plastidip too, but I settled on SEM paint. I really like the way it turned out. I don't remember the exact price of the paint and primer, but they I think they were in the $5-$10 range for each one. I picked them up from a local paint store. Lowes and Home Depot don't carry them. Let me know if you decide to go this route and have any questions.

This is the paint I used.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #9
jarury will become famous soon enoughjarury will become famous soon enough

Name: jacob
jarury's Tacoma Gallery
I dipped the part around the window switches on my corolla and it has held up pretty well.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
bwanamukubwa is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
bwanamukubwa's Tacoma Gallery
why is your drive mode selector in that position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
I thought about using plastidip too, but I settled on SEM paint. I really like the way it turned out. I don't remember the exact price of the paint and primer, but they I think they were in the $5-$10 range for each one. I picked them up from a local paint store. Lowes and Home Depot don't carry them. Let me know if you decide to go this route and have any questions.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #11
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanamukubwa View Post
why is your drive mode selector in that position?
I was wondering if someone would notice that. Good eye!

I have a Prerunner, so I don't even have 4 wheel drive. I bought a 4 wheel drive selector and modified it to be my sub woofer volume control.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #12
Bananagram is on a distinguished road
Bananagram's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I think this looks great. I've got a couple of scratches in the glossy stereo bezel that I'm trying to get out. If I'm not successful, I might end up going this route. Can you give me a bit more detail? Did you pull the stereo out to paint?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananagram View Post
I think this looks great. I've got a couple of scratches in the glossy stereo bezel that I'm trying to get out. If I'm not successful, I might end up going this route. Can you give me a bit more detail? Did you pull the stereo out to paint?
Thanks and welcome to TW! I'll PM you with more details. I don't want to take away from the point of this thread. And anyone reading this later on, if you're interested this and want more detail just PM me. I have a "sort of write-up" about it that I've PMed others.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #14
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was wondering if someone would notice that. Good eye!

I have a Prerunner, so I don't even have 4 wheel drive. I bought a 4 wheel drive selector and modified it to be my sub woofer volume control.
nice!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #15
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
I have dipped parts of my interior
the thing is... it holds and shows dirt really well
kind of hard to just brush off with your hand, almost have to wet wipe it
Old 06-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #16
GTACO
GTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabriel
GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Riverdog;6893618]I thought about using plastidip too, but I settled on SEM paint. I really like the way it turned out. I don't remember the exact price of the paint and primer, but they I think they were in the $5-$10 range for each one. I picked them up from a local paint store. Lowes and Home Depot don't carry them. Let me know if you decide to go this route and have any questions.

Been thinking of doing this... Looks clean
Old 06-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #17
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
I dipped all the grab handles, and the door trim pieces on the floor (I don't know what they are called). It looked really cool until people started using them, then it just peeled and looked dumb... Although you could plastidip it then spray it with a Flat Clear coat, I did that on my billet grille and rear bumper and it turned out nice...
Old 08-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #18
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tyler
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNYSTACO View Post
Hey guys just been going back and forth about plasti dipping my interior.... i was wondering if anyone has done so can you post pictures so i can see and make my final decision... thanks
I removed all the silver on the inside and plasti-dipped it.

I never really painted before so I didn't want to use real paint and regret it. It came out ok even though I got impatient at the end. The plasti-dip matches pretty well with the rest of the dash.

what do y'all think?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Taco View Post
I removed all the silver on the inside and plasti-dipped it.

I never really painted before so I didn't want to use real paint and regret it. It came out ok even though I got impatient at the end. The plasti-dip matches pretty well with the rest of the dash.

what do y'all think?
Looks good man! I'm sure a lot of guys would be interested in how the plasti dip holds up over time. You should report back here after a few months and give us an update.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #20
zmnypit is on a distinguished road

zmnypit's Tacoma Gallery
Could always just try it. Don't like it peel it off