Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Factory Clear Stickers to protect paint? Any good or worthwhile?

Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Hammer Slammer is on a distinguished road
Hammer Slammer's Tacoma Gallery
Factory Clear Stickers to protect paint? Any good or worthwhile?

I noticed that the factory offers clear plastic stickers to protect the paint for areas like the front edge of the hood and fenders. Anyone buy or use this stuff? Is it worthwhile to protect paint from bugs road tar etc? Thank you
Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of people use this on many cars. Most people refer to it as clear bra. It works very well. It can collect dirt around the edges and become more visible though.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
El Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shed
El Chip's Tacoma Gallery
Clear bra is worth the money in my opinion. The plastic film takes alot of abuse, scratches, small rocks, brush etc.. and keeps your paint intact.

Just pulled some off a car of mine that looked like it probably needed a paint job on the front, after I pulled the plastic off, it looked like the day I bought it. I never had any major issues with dirt collecting on it, you can wash it as you would your car.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
It is thick stuff. If this was posted earlier today I would have taken a picture of some that I pulled off a front splitter from a GT 350 that is getting some work.