Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Chrome Rim Stained Spots

Old 05-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome Rim Stained Spots

I've tried pretty much everything: brake cleaner, regular house hold cleaners, rime & wheel cleaner and especially scrubbing the rims when I wash the truck but nothing seems to be working on these spots

If yall had any suggestions then I'd really like to hear em, I just want the clean chrome look I used to have like below:

Now this is what it looks like:

And a close up:

It's on all 4 wheels. As a last resort I can plasti-dip my rims, but I'm really trying to clean the original chrome rims up a bit

Thanks and I look forward to your guys' input!!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels do not look like they are chrome. The wheels are pitted. Only way to fix is to refinish them.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
Those wheels do not look like they are chrome. The wheels are pitted. Only way to fix is to refinish them.
Looks like it's time to derp em up then
Old 02-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #4
tristen247 is on a distinguished road
Name: tristen
tristen247's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem on my rims and I just decided to get them painted. Less of a hassle and it won't cost as much getting new rims