LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Drying the paint..

Old 06-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Drying the paint..

I haven't done it yet so don't panic haha..

Someone asked me if I use my electric leaf blower to dry the truck after I wash it. Never thought of it but sounds like it might work.

Good? Bad?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it, it's just wind, not gonna hurt the truck.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
Pictographer
triplejjj has a spectacular aura abouttriplejjj has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jerry
triplejjj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
I haven't done it yet so don't panic haha..

Someone asked me if I use my electric leaf blower to dry the truck after I wash it. Never thought of it but sounds like it might work.

Good? Bad?
Funny you asked, I just tried it this past weekend. I did feel a bit weird
doing it though. It does dry it quickly, so fast almost to a fault because
I got a lot of water spots.

I'll try it again but next time I'll leave it a little wet and blot it to finish.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Do it almost every time. Husqvarna FTW.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice

Name: Brock
02goldie's Tacoma Gallery
been doin it for a while. works great, expecially if its been waxed recently
Old 06-05-2013, 03:56 AM   #7
Pictographer

Leaf Blower

Is it ok to use a gas powered blower?
I've heard the exhaust vents out the
tube your using to dry it with.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:52 AM   #8
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplejjj View Post
Is it ok to use a gas powered blower?
I've heard the exhaust vents out the
tube your using to dry it with.
I use a gas blower. The exhaust goes out the muffler, which is not directed into the air discharge. I'm sure some of it makes it's way in from being pulled out of the surrounding air, but I've never noticed any ill effects.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #9
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
I use a backpack blower...no spots!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I use: http://www.billygoat.com/Product-Cat...8-the-ultimate
Old 06-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
Pictographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
I use a gas blower. The exhaust goes out the muffler, which is not directed into the air discharge. I'm sure some of it makes it's way in from being pulled out of the surrounding air, but I've never noticed any ill effects.
Thanks Chris, I thought I might have to buy an electric one
but it seems a lot of people are using these.