Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Sexy Black Tacoma (just detailed)

Old 06-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Taco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Nuke Submariner
Taco Salad Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Sexy Black Tacoma (just detailed)

Used my Porter Cable 7424XP polisher and some Adam's buttery wax polish for the first time. I must say she looks good.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Tyler
Soft Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Great!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:52 AM   #3
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Looks wet!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
I've got to get me a DA polisher !!!! Truck looks good i love when my black taco is all shined up... I just put two coats of wolfs chemical Hardbody sealant it really made it look nice...
Old 06-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Me to
Old 06-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
Marc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc702's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent work.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #8
sly is on a distinguished road
sly's Tacoma Gallery
All the wax in the world won't make that a long bed ya know
Old 06-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
Master
pikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
pikachu's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
All the wax in the world won't make that a long bed ya know
^^^

Nice truck bro...
Old 06-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #10
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
looks good, OP.

I was just on adam's website about to pull the trigger on their Americana paste wax. idk, maybe I should try the buttery-action.

I live in Seattle and I've been using Meguar's Ultimate Paste Wax. Results are good but it doesn't last long with all the rain and weekly washing. i'm wondering about the Meguiar's Black Wax. too much rain in the PNW!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
conquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura about

conquistador's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
looks good, OP.

I was just on adam's website about to pull the trigger on their Americana paste wax. idk, maybe I should try the buttery-action.

I live in Seattle and I've been using Meguar's Ultimate Paste Wax. Results are good but it doesn't last long with all the rain and weekly washing. i'm wondering about the Meguiar's Black Wax. too much rain in the PNW!

I prefer sealants over waxes. Sealant when layered properly can last beyond 6-8 months depending on conditions. I typically strip, clay, and layer 2-3 coats of sealant about 8 hours apart. And if I want even more depth and protection I put a coat of pure carnuba wax like Poorboy's Natty Blue paste wax or any wax that does not have any cleaners.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
Taco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Nuke Submariner
Taco Salad Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I too have considered sealants. I think you can use both (wax and sealant), and get the most out of your detailing by doing that.

Consider this though
Wash the truck- (lots of scrubbing and handwork)
Claybar- going over the truck with clay and detailer
Stripping- the Adam's severe, swirl, and fine machine polish (3 times around your truck).
Wax- Machine on, wipe off (2 more times)
Sealant- Again, once more around with the product.

I did this to my Corolla (minus the sealant) and it took over 4 hours, not removing all scratches. It still looks amazing though.
You can see why it is recommended to do this a couple times a year...
Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #13
alwaysfaded is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
alwaysfaded's Tacoma Gallery
Dam nice job, black taco's look sexy as hell when they are clean. Even though they only stay clean for about 1 day lol.