Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Adhesive removal?

Old 06-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
04toco is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
04toco's Tacoma Gallery
Adhesive removal?

So I just took off the SR5 badges on the door (stubborn little shits) and most of the adhesive was easy just to peel right off but there is still an outline around where it was that goo gone for cars with a microfiber towel or a warm sponge can't get off. I have lighter fluid but to be honest I'm kind of nervous to use it. Anyway I can get it off without having to go buy anything possibly?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Try your fingernail.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
3M decal eraser wheel.

Easy to use and highly effective.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes spraying Windex and letting it sit on the adhesive can work decently, but typically it works best for stickers on glass.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I use goo gone and elbow grease
Old 06-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
I use goo gone and elbow grease
That's what I used for my decals, and stray chunks of rubber.....follow with polish
Old 06-17-2013, 04:32 AM   #8
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Try your fingernail.
NO NO NO! Not unless you want to scratch your paint.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:34 AM   #9
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
I've always used lighter fluid - go for it
Old 06-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #10
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
3M General purpose Adhesive Cleaner Part# 051135- 08984

Just rewax after the removal...
Old 06-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
This:

Old 06-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #12
Rsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Rsoxfan1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
WD40.
This
Old 06-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #13
NRA Endowment - Member
mwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwc273's Tacoma Gallery
I have had amazing results with GOJO (white) cream hand cleaner. Even takes tar off quick and easy, then rinses away with soap and water.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #15
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
WD40...with no worries.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #16
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I used 3m adhesive remover when I did this it worked great
Old 07-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
Dampen a paper towel with denatured alcohol. Wipe gently in small circles. You'll be amazed at how easy it comes off.
Not this. I stripped my clear coat in a small area when removing my badges.