Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Silhouette of Emblems on Paint after Debadging

Old 06-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Silhouette of Emblems on Paint after Debadging

I debadged the truck yesterday and there is a barely noticeable "Toyota" silhouette on the paint on the front doors where the emblem was after all the goo gone was washed away with any of the adhesive residue.

What can be done to fix this? Would hitting it with compound work?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
That is ghosting caused my paint aging. Underneath the lettering had no UV damage or other wear to the color. I dont believe its fixable, as it is a paint color issue, but I'm not the smart guy here and maybe someone else has a way to minimize the appearance.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
That is ghosting caused my paint aging. Underneath the lettering had no UV damage or other wear to the color. I dont believe its fixable, as it is a paint color issue, but I'm not the smart guy here and maybe someone else has a way to minimize the appearance.
I get that it's ghosting, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make it look less noticeable.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozer View Post
I get that it's ghosting, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make it look less noticeable.
Detailing it might help make it less noticable. Basically, wash, clay bar, polish and wax. The polish might help even things out a bit but if it's ghosting, there's not much you can do. Detailing helps clean the clear coat, ghosting develops because the paint under the clearcoat hasn't faded like the surrounding paint.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:37 AM   #5
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Detailing it might help make it less noticable. Basically, wash, clay bar, polish and wax. The polish might help even things out a bit but if it's ghosting, there's not much you can do. Detailing helps clean the clear coat, ghosting develops because the paint under the clearcoat hasn't faded like the surrounding paint.

That makes sense. Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #6
Tacorriendo has a spectacular aura aboutTacorriendo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Fred
Tacorriendo's Tacoma Gallery
What is the purpose of "debadging"? I've heard it couple of times on this forum already.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #7
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Just cleans up the appearance and gets rid of all the chrome badges.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
Tacorriendo has a spectacular aura aboutTacorriendo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Fred
Tacorriendo's Tacoma Gallery
I see; thanks!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
DA polisher and some V36 or 34 from chemical guys on a orange pad, will give a nice cut and even those areas out, and you will never see them..