LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Turtle Wax Ice

Old 06-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
Turtle Wax Ice

I waxed my truck with Turtle Wax Ice today, very easy to apply, and, the truck looks and feels great!we'll see how it does when it rains. Anyone else ever use this stuff? What do you think of it?
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #2
Mr. Pick is on a distinguished road

Mr. Pick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
I waxed my truck with Turtle Wax Ice today, very easy to apply, and, the truck looks and feels great!we'll see how it does when it rains. Anyone else ever use this stuff? What do you think of it?
I have read about it quite a lot on this forum and just bought some last night. Plan to give it a try this weekend. Glad to hear you liked it.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
It comes in liquid with an applicator, and spray on. I used the spray on. I did the windows, mirrors, wheels, paint and bumper. Truck looks AWESOME! it's supposed to rain later, can't wait to see how well it does! Here's a pic of my clean truck.....
Attached Thumbnails
Turtle Wax Ice-20130626_163444.jpg  
Old 06-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
I use it in place of armor all on the plastic parts on the outside of the Tacoma.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
The paste version is awesome! The paste doesn't just require elbow grease, but frickin' glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM. Meaning it's tough to wipe off with a microfiber towel but stays on for good amount of time. Rain EASILY beads off. I highly recommend it, except on black of course. Turtle Wax made a kit specifically for black that's more labor intensive but very well worth it again.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #6

Did my truck two weekends ago with the spray on version. Very quick and easy application. I did everything on the exterior, including glass, plastic, chrome and painted surfaces. Very good bead in the recent rain we had. In fact, water rolls of it so well, the truck hardly looks dirty after 150 miles of driving in the rain on the interstate. Don't know how long it will last, but it is so easy to apply that doing it every other month or so wouldn't be hard at all.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
I use the spray wax every time i wash the truck. Have been for about a year now.

just saw the past wax the other day. Think I’ll get some and try it as well, now that i see a few good posts about it. I like to do a past wax ever few months, and the spray wax every time i wash.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #8
dana is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Peace officer for Justice
Name: NorthernTaco
dana's Tacoma Gallery
YUPYUP

I have used that stuff for a while now, the new stuff you can use everywhere is awesome. When it rains all the dirty water just beads right off.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana View Post
I have used that stuff for a while now, the new stuff you can use everywhere is awesome. When it rains all the dirty water just beads right off.

The dirty water really does just bead off the truck. I was so impressed I did my wife's Honda this weekend with the same good results. We drove it in the rain Sunday and it still looks clean. The Harley is next....
Old 07-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #10
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
Great stuff. I use the spray and apply to just about everything.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
KanoradoKing is on a distinguished road

Name: David
KanoradoKing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
Are you talking about the wax or the polish?

Wax: http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-4...turtle+wax+ice

Polish: http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-4...turtle+wax+ice
Old 07-24-2013, 01:57 AM   #12
runner05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
runner05's Tacoma Gallery
Been using it for a year now. What I like about this product is that I can apply it on plastic without leaving any residue.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
JU57US is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
JU57US's Tacoma Gallery
I used the spray-on, wipe-off detailing spray this weekend, after running the truck through a touchless automatic car wash (one of those things that never actually gets a vehicle completely clean, but clean enough) and the results were very nice! Coming out of the car wash I had water spots and dust, and some stuck on bugs still. I used some bug/tar wipes to clean off the stuck guts, and then sprayed on the detailing spray. One cloth to wipe it all over the panel, and then a second cloth (keeps it dry) to polish it off. I used it on everything except the glass and the tires - RainX and Armor-All for that - and I was very happy with the results. It took me about 30 to 45 minutes to do the whole truck.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
Flash1964 is on a distinguished road
Flash1964's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Very good stuff, easy on easy off. Went through rain storm and truck still is clean.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #15
takomike is on a distinguished road
Navy: Submarines
Name: Mike
takomike's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Just missed

I was going to try it. Then, my wife bought me an Armor-all package for a gift. I think I better try it first. Maybe I'll use the A-all on her car, and get the Ice for my truck.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #16

I've now done the Harley with it as well. Still very happy. Did the truck back in June and it still beads up very nicely and the bugs slide right off when I wash it. Good stuff.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #17
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for next time I buy wax
Old 08-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #18
T berger is on a distinguished road
Army: '88-'91 D co 3/187 (11H)
Name: Tony
T berger's Tacoma Gallery
Just applied some today after claying the entire truck. Looks awesome!! Best part is you can use it on every surface an no white stains on platice/rubber. Now I'm curious how it will hold up after rain or overnight dew.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #19
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I just used the spray wax and my truck turned out awesome plus the interior products smell awesome
Old 09-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
Mrallank is on a distinguished road
Mrallank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Cruiser View Post
The paste version is awesome! The paste doesn't just require elbow grease, but frickin' glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM. Meaning it's tough to wipe off with a microfiber towel but stays on for good amount of time. Rain EASILY beads off. I highly recommend it, except on black of course. Turtle Wax made a kit specifically for black that's more labor intensive but very well worth it again.
Dude, if you're using the paste wax you must be young