LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

one panel at a time - start to finish?

Old 06-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Barrel is on a distinguished road
Barrel's Tacoma Gallery
one panel at a time - start to finish?

So for the past 1.5 years I've lived in a house without a garage or carport. It has taken its toll on my vehicles' exteriors.

Even the washing process is difficult as by the time I'm done, and usually before I'm done, things have already fallen off of/out of the trees onto my clean surfaces.

Don't know why I never thought of this until now, but is there any reason I couldn't perform all steps of my washing/waxing, from wash to wax (inc. clay and polish if it's time for that) to one section of my car before moving on to the next section? (assuming I'm using a no-rinse wash, two buckets/towels, working top to bottom, etc.)

That way at least I would be less likely to get sh*t on, literally and figuratively, between the wash and the wax.

Sorry if this is a ridiculously stupid question.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
I have no professional experience cleaning vehicles... But I also do it one panel at a time... Reason being the water dries so fast in the summer (118 degrees this weekend) that if I don't it leaves A LOT of water spots all over the black paint...
Old 06-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greytacoma1 View Post
I would do washing and clay bar by section first. Paint sealent and wax by section at the end making sure the truck is dry.
Sorry I should have been more clear... That is how I do it. ^^^