Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

best spray-on bed liner

Old 02-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
asdf is on a distinguished road
asdf's Tacoma Gallery
best spray-on bed liner

for those of you with spray on bedliners, what kind did you go with and what are some of the pros and cons of them? im trying to decide which one i want but would like some opinions. thanks.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
dubber is on a distinguished road
dubber's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the Rino. It has been real good - I am very pleased. There was a very slight fade over time from the sun but nothing noticeable. Very durable as well. After the truck was done it made the tailgate feel real solid when it closes. Not sure if it really has any con other than maybe it is a pain sliding a heavy load around the back from the tailgate forward because it doesn't slide too easily on it which is good once you are rolling!

Now that I have it I wouldn't go with a drop in liner again on another truck. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
JTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to behold

JTech's Tacoma Gallery
I had LineX in my old 99 Taco. i loved it. i never had a problem with fading or tearing. it also looked really sharp and nothing slid in the back. I wish I could have it in my 09. Everything slides in these new composite beds.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I have a bed mat and that is more than enough for the 2nd gen but I used to have the lineX in my old truck and think that is far better than anything else on the market.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Line X is Sweet! Ive got it on mine and its awesome, cleans up like new
Old 03-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
My previous truck I really compared both Rhino and LineX.
Went with LineX because the surface texture is much finer grained; I liked the look much better.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post
My previous truck I really compared both Rhino and LineX.
Went with LineX because the surface texture is much finer grained; I liked the look much better.
X2. I compared Smith's Ultimate Linings, Line-X, and Rhino. Both Smith's and Line-X were comparable, got Line-X, haven't been sorry. I've had it in my '02 since '05 when I bought it, it's still holding up great, no fading or peeling.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
gonna be getting my bed line-x'd pretty soon. this drop in liner i have is a joke, rust underneath, and the edges are rubbing the paint off all around my bed on the outside.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:20 AM   #9
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
so my 05 tacoma bed is badly scratched on the sides and stuff to cover the base i can buy a bed mat but what do i do with the sides?????? repaint?? the pastic if so what kind ??
Old 08-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by talhas001 View Post
so my 05 tacoma bed is badly scratched on the sides and stuff to cover the base i can buy a bed mat but what do i do with the sides?????? repaint?? the pastic if so what kind ??
Have you tried using a hair dryer or heat gun?

Gently aim the warm air at the scratches and maybe they'll soften up and you can blend them in? Just a thought....

Do some research, I'm sure there's products out there specifically designed for plastic painting & repairs.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #11
taco? like the kind you eat?
mylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Corporal, Mals-11, 3rd MAW
mylittletacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i just used the DuPont spray on liner on my front grill, AMAZING, i am going to find a place to do the bed for me, but i am probably going to go with Rhino, i am doing the front and rear bumpers and the fender flares myself too, but for small areas i like the DuPont
Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #12
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
i had Smiths Ultimate Liner do mine. They have a life time warranty for their product. I even messed up my liner on the tailgate and they took off the liner and sprayed on new liner. They were great and I would do it again. If i remember right it was about 400 bucks over the rails.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
ArmoredDozer has a spectacular aura aboutArmoredDozer has a spectacular aura aboutArmoredDozer has a spectacular aura about
Marines:
ArmoredDozer's Tacoma Gallery
Go with Line-x. I had it in my 99 Dodge Ram 1500 and never had a problem with it. Sold the truck in 07. It will not fade, and it takes a hell of a lot of force to put a hole in it or scratch. Like dropping an engine block into it kind of force.

One lesson learned though, do NOT watch them put the liner in. It broke my heart. In order to get the adhesive material to stick to your truck, they have to sand it down some. So watched a 6 month old truck get a treatment from a guy with an industrial size grinder to rough up the paint prior to the line-x going in. Seriously hurt my feelings to take a grinder to fresh paint.