Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

New 3M spray on film

Old 07-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
New 3M spray on film

Any one tried this new spray on film from 3M? I just picked up a can for $25 from autozone, suppose be pretty good stuff.. www.3mauto.com
Plan on doing my front bumper this weekend if its dry... Been raining every day here in NW Ohio...
Old 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard it sucks on many levels.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #3

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanClaude View Post
I've heard it sucks on many levels.
Oh.... Did I just waste 25$$$$ lol. ...
Old 07-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
What's wrong with it? I just saw this stuff and was thinking about buying some, but the 1 year thing makes me wonder about it. What happens after a year?
Old 07-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ay-review.html
Doesn't look good

I'm super hesitant to do anything with paint work because of how difficult it is to match even in the best conditions. I can't imagine using a rattle can in the open air there would be so much crap in it and the result would likely be orange peely.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #6

Army:
Well I ended up taking the can i got back lol after reading bout it, just don't want to chance it on my taco or the wife's highlander lol...
Old 07-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
Just find a clear bra installer. You can have the hood, fenders and headlamps done for about $200-$300. Full front end for about $600.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #8
pcabinatan is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
pcabinatan's Tacoma Gallery
I used the entire can on the front 8" of the hood, so pretty good layer and i took a rock to the hood and it split the film and chipped the paint too.
So I decided to remove it entirely and Im still having trouble. It doesnt peel up like plastidip. This is not something I expected from 3M. So now i have to use GooGone or WD40 to see if it will help get it off
Old 07-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #9

Army:
Armorall has a spray on shield .now that looks allot like the plastidip, and it comes in clear, $12 bucks a can at Walmart.. After reading reviews about the 3M stuff I'm glad i returned it, and saved the pain of getting it off...