Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

"Black Light"

Old 07-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
"Black Light"

Has anyone tried this stuff on their truck? I'm tempted to just get this package when my current wax runs out soon. http://www.chemicalguys.com/Black_Ca..._p/hol_201.htm

If the Black Light stuff doesn't do much I won't bother.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
I've read some good reviews on it, I use a lot of their products and they work pretty good, give it a try and post a review on it...
Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
bunxbun is on a distinguished road
Marines: Reserves 2821 TechCon
Name: Bunnath
bunxbun's Tacoma Gallery
I use it on darker colored vehicles, and I LOVE IT! really gives you that "wet" look

dont really use it on my truck cause its white, might buy some EZ creme for that
Old 07-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
bunxbun's Tacoma Gallery
Also, it is not a wax and i believe it doesnt offer any protection, you should still top it off with a sealant and wax, like CG XXX
Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I thought it was like a super super fine polish with wax like properties that you followed up with the Luminous Glow Wax to really seal it in.

I'll probably order it Friday if I run out of wax polishing my buddies car then I'll post a review.

LOL $100 order with the free 16 oz sample and super cheap wax on sale with with black paint car kit not bad at all until I see the shipping... $50 fucking dollars o.o...
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Screw those shipping charges... Not worth it ...save your money...
Old 07-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
bunxbun's Tacoma Gallery
$50? wth everytime I ordered its a flat rate shipping of $9.95 or something.. but maybe thats because Im like 30 miles from their warehouse.. they just opened a shop literally one mile from my house, im so happy
Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunxbun View Post
$50? wth everytime I ordered its a flat rate shipping of $9.95 or something.. but maybe thats because Im like 30 miles from their warehouse.. they just opened a shop literally one mile from my house, im so happy
Yeah no way in hell I would spend 50$ for shipping on something like that.

I have a shipping address in Washington and the shipping charge is only 7.40
Old 07-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #9

Well just waxed my truck with the black paint kit. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

It went on easy and came off easy even when I did it in the sun. The applicators that came with the kit were awesome. They were a major step up from what I was using before.

The thing that impressed me the most was how the black light applied by hand really knocked down the swirls from washing and the wax really shined the truck up nicely. You can see the spot I couldn't reach next to the sprayer.

The product also smells nice which is always a plus. Nothing is worse than working a product that smells like ass.

Imo everything that came with the kit and the added mystery 16oz product was well worth what I paid.