Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Water/Washed Off Mud Spotting Fender Flares...tips? :(

Old 07-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
ReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really nice

Name: Sean
ReddingtonTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Water/Washed Off Mud Spotting Fender Flares...tips? :(

Hey! At yesterday's Hollister run, I drove my black truck through some puddles. All my previous Tacomas have had lighter paint w/ the metallic specks. I never realized how difficult black was to maintain! I washed it today- tried a clay bar (nothing) and Meguiar's ultimate compound-removed a lot…but I still have streaks/spotting on the plastic fenders, etc.

I'm still in the anal "my truck is new" phase, so I'd like to remove them if possible . Keep trying by hand or can anyone recommend a local place on the Peninsula (northern cal) with a Porter-Cable or similar to get this junk out? Thanks! Sean
Old 07-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
i just rub meguires ultimate black on the plastic fenders and it does the job. Then again they are approaching grey from being 10 years old. If you find yourself in saratoga pm me and we will slap some on and see what happens
Old 07-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
ReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really nice

Name: Sean
ReddingtonTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
Hey Sean, you might just have to bite the bullet and deal with it for a little bit until it gradually washes off. I had tons of spotting on my plastic surfaces once when I went mudding and after a couple washes it gradually faded away.

Additionally, I also found that you can remove a lot of crap off with your hand! Lol.
Lol- the hand huh? Where can I buy that product?