Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Gave the leaf blower a try

Old 07-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
Poor College Student
User Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Oscar
User Name01's Tacoma Gallery
Gave the leaf blower a try

Have any of you used a leaf blower for drying your truck. I used one today and i have to.say that it worked a lot better than i had expected.....just curious to.see if i am the only one with weird ideas
Old 07-19-2013, 03:18 AM   #2
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name01 View Post
Have any of you used a leaf blower for drying your truck. I used one today and i have to.say that it worked a lot better than i had expected.....just curious to.see if i am the only one with weird ideas
I use one on the bike. Works great.
When I am in a hurry I just grab the air hose for the front of my truck cause it likes to collect water in crevices.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I use it every time I wash the truck. Works great.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I have been using a leaf blower to get the water out of the nooks and crannies for a few years now. I really like using it on the wheels and tires.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #5
cabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud of

Name: billy
cabo wabo's Tacoma Gallery
been using a leaf blower to dry off our vehicles for nearly 20 years.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Yup they work great, I decided that it was time for a actaul blower so I ordered one of these, http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical..._p/acc_303.htm

Will be here today so ill give it a try soon...
Old 07-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #7
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
Every time
Old 07-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #8
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, let us know how it does, i need a electric one because the 2 cycle ones make you smell like gas the rest of the day.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #10
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
I use an air hose off the compressor to get in all the cracks of the truck. Then I go to the chammy(spelling?)

2 stroke fuel is excellent
Old 07-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #12
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
First clean the drive way with it.

later to blower the car, if its waxed works even better

when i pressure wash the engine i also use the blower to get some of the water out of high spots.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #13
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
fixed it for 'ya. sometimes pics help

I'd let her blow me i mean my truck