Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Best cleaner for Dog smell/hair on seats?

Old 08-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
beedoola is on a distinguished road

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
Best cleaner for Dog smell/hair on seats?

Any particular product (that is available at say O'Riley or other big auto parts stores) good at cleaning seats?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Get a rug doctor and the pet cleaning stuff they sell will make them like new again for about $50 total make sure to get the tool adaptor ..

I also just keep dryer sheets under te seat keeps the smell away for hair just go to the car wash and use there air vac or a horse brush works great also
Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
For hair:

Those yellow kitchen sink gloves and a lint roller. Wear the glove and rub your hand over the dog hair in one direction. That should pull a lot of it up on its own. Then follow up with the lint roller.

Odor is usually airborne. Place a large open bowl of white distilled vinegar in the truck. Roll the windows up and park it in the hot sun for a day. That'll pull all the odors out for the most part. If not, the only other thing to do is shampoo clean your carpet and seats. Use Nature's Miracle as it enzymatically breaks down the odors.

Dryer sheets, etc... only mask odors. If you want to do it right, you need to rid your truck of the source.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
For hair:

Those yellow kitchen sink gloves and a lint roller. Wear the glove and rub your hand over the dog hair in one direction. That should pull a lot of it up on its own. Then follow up with the lint roller.

Odor is usually airborne. Place a large open bowl of white distilled vinegar in the truck. Roll the windows up and park it in the hot sun for a day. That'll pull all the odors out for the most part. If not, the only other thing to do is shampoo clean your carpet and seats. Use Nature's Miracle as it enzymatically breaks down the odors.

Dryer sheets, etc... only mask odors. If you want to do it right, you need to rid your truck of the source.
I put a dryer sheet in for a week after we get back from a trip and the dog gets wet and a week later they get trashed and the smell is gone .. If its just covering up a air born smell so be it cause it does not smell after I do this lol
Old 08-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCprerunner View Post
I put a dryer sheet in for a week after we get back from a trip and the dog gets wet and a week later they get trashed and the smell is gone .. If its just covering up a air born smell so be it cause it does not smell after I do this lol
Hey whatever works for ya

Dryer sheets, air freshners, etc... never work for me for serious odors.

That said I keep a bunch of dried eucalyptus in my truck at all times. The fragrance they use on that stuff is one of my all time favorite smells.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #6

I have water proof seat covers for my dog since she comes with us to the river ect.. All odors mainly get on them other then a little hair that blows around and gets on the floor.. Best thing I ever did cause I just have to wash the seat covers.. And get the nose marks off the windows