Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

help removing letters off my Tundra

Old 08-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
grancpe is on a distinguished road
grancpe's Tacoma Gallery
help removing letters off my Tundra

I just bought a 2002 Tundra that was a work truck. The guy who owned it before had it lettered for his business and now it has a mess on the doors a tailgate of glue and bits of black vinyl letters. Any Ideas on what to use so I don't trash the paint. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
J Gibson is on a distinguished road

Navy: Hospital Corpsman, 4th MarDiv
Name: J
J Gibson's Tacoma Gallery
There are several products out there. Goo be gone, aerosol label removers, etc. i have had mixed success with all of the ones I have tried. One will work on one project and not another. Kind of trial and error but so far haven't fubar'd the paint on anything. You might have some fade shadows where the decals have blocked the sun. I don't have a solution for that.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Go buy a gum/eraser wheel if you have a lot of removal to do.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I'm addicted to using goo gone. For me it always works like a charm.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #5
joeyha is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
joeyha's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever you use, be sure to wax 'er afterwards.
Using a solvent will strip any wax or sealant that is currently on the truck.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
Mr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Mr. Sparkle's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I'm late to the party here. For anyone in the future...

Heat gun and plastic razor blade to remove the stickers (be gentle). For raised lettering, heat gun and braided fishing line. Then roll the adhesive onto itself

Then Stoner's Tarminator to remove the remaining adhesive

If its been there awhile, likely you need to compound and polish the area to remove the 'ghost' or 'shadow' of where it used to lie