Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Badge color choice

View Poll Results: Badge color
Color matched (silver) 7 17.95%
Semi-flat black 32 82.05%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
dapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud of

Army: PowerPoint Ranger
Name: David
dapetik's Tacoma Gallery
Badge color choice

In an attempt to rid my truck of all traces of nasty chrome I will be painting my emblems. I will either color match or paint semi-flat black. I'm stuck and really have no preference.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
i would just remove them all. looks cleaner with no badges in my opinion.

if you want to keep them i would do a matte black.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Remove completely or black.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucktaco View Post
i would just remove them all. looks cleaner with no badges in my opinion.

if you want to keep them i would do a matte black.
^^ this. (Removal) Makes it easier to wash the truck, too
Old 08-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #5
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
So whatcha selling?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

http://youtu.be/VqomZQMZQCQ
Old 08-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
1911's Tacoma Gallery
You had to know that this ^ was coming, it was inevitable.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
dapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud of

dapetik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsenoff View Post
didnt even notice this was in the BST where is the mod to move it to OTD threads op you stoopieded
Yes I am! Wish I could move it.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
jpcasiano is on a distinguished road

Name: Juan
jpcasiano's Tacoma Gallery
just plasti-dip mine. just left the tacomas on. took everything else off. and they look siiiiiiick!! and you can always peel it off. 5 bucks and about an hour of work will do it!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
TBlack is on a distinguished road

Name: Taylor
TBlack's Tacoma Gallery
Flat black or debadge. I just did mine and I like it a lot but will probably debadge eventually. Looks cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails
Badge color choice-img_2067.jpg   Badge color choice-img_2068.jpg   Badge color choice-img_2069.jpg  
Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #13

dapetik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBlack View Post
Flat black or debadge. I just did mine and I like it a lot but will probably debadge eventually. Looks cleaner.

Thanks for the pics, I think those look good because you have the black trim elsewhere. I have the sport with the color matched everywhere..... still a tough choice. I may debadge the tailgate and color match the door emblems.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #14

dapetik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTaco View Post
Hey dapetik are you coming to the meet at California Tacos next Wednesday?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...-people-8.html
Just saw this, I'll be moving that day but if I can get finished early I'll try to come by. Is this a regular thing?
Old 08-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
SpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
SpruceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapetik View Post
Just saw this, I'll be moving that day but if I can get finished early I'll try to come by. Is this a regular thing?
No not a regular thing but every now & then we have meets, last one I went to was in November. There was a camping trip in February I think but I couldn't make that one, I think they do that a couple times a year. there's a thread about it.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #16
runner05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
runner05's Tacoma Gallery
Plastidipping them is the easiest route and cheap. Just like what others said, you can easily remove it if you don't like the outcome.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
I voted black, color matching i think would look weird, but it would be unique!

here's mine
Old 09-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #18
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Colormatch it! That would look sweet