Notices

Rear seat cover help.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Cajun Yotas
Yota33 is on a distinguished road

Name: Billy
Yota33's Tacoma Gallery
Rear seat cover help.

So I'm not sure If this is the right area to post, but here we go. I just bought a pair of front seat covers from Wet Okole for $300, I didn't want to spend another $300 on rears so I'm wondering how well the Walmart bench seat covers fit? Anybody in a 2nd gen have em?
Thanks y'all.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
Cajun Yotas
Yota33 is on a distinguished road

Name: Billy
Yota33's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Anyone?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah.... They won't work for a few reasons.

1. The rear seat is a 60/40 bench seat, and the seatcover from Walmart would be a traditional straight bench seat cover.

2. If you did decide to use the bench cover for it you would lose the access to the under seat storage because the cover will likely be 1 piece (you won't be able to fold the seats forward anymore).

3. The middle seatbelt is integrated to the top of the seat making it not possible to cover over it without either cutting the cover or covering the seatbelt.

I work at www.seatcoversunlimited.com and can get you 10% off and free shipping to the lower 48 states. PM me or send us a email online (I take care of those at work)
Old 08-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensecondchevelle View Post
Yeah.... They won't work for a few reasons.

1. The rear seat is a 60/40 bench seat, and the seatcover from Walmart would be a traditional straight bench seat cover.

why not find a 60/40 split they make them too ya know

2. If you did decide to use the bench cover for it you would lose the access to the under seat storage because the cover will likely be 1 piece (you won't be able to fold the seats forward anymore).

i never get into my under storage bins. Unless I'm smuggling tiny puppies nothing else really fits under there.

3. The middle seatbelt is integrated to the top of the seat making it not possible to cover over it without either cutting the cover or covering the seatbelt.

not to many people can fit in that small middle "seat" Toyota claims it put back there
I have one and works good for when I have the dogs in the back seat and don't wanna clean up massive amounts of dog hair later. They're cheap and do a decent job. But you get what you pay for so don't expect to run them for a long time either.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
I have one and works good for when I have the dogs in the back seat and don't wanna clean up massive amounts of dog hair later. They're cheap and do a decent job. But you get what you pay for so don't expect to run them for a long time either.
That's a good point about the small middle seat... I had three people in my back seat yesterday and today, I felt bad for them...

The tiny middle "20" seat (a 40/20/40 seat style) are pretty popular on the front seats of US made trucks now. In all reality they aren't very practical, except for the fact that some fold up and you have storage under them.

Products Discussed in this Thread