Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Circles on my windshield won't go away

Old 08-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Circles on my windshield won't go away

So I have this really weird problem... When my windshield gets a little foggy (inside I think, like when the A/C is on) I can see a bunch of outlines of circles, like 4 or 5" in diameter? If I had to guess, the windshield was installed using robotic arms with vacuum disks- it looks like I am seeing the outline of these. I have cleaned the windshield with alcohol and vinegar and also bought a high end industrial glass cleaner and the glass gets super clean, perfect even. But then if there gets any fog on the inside of the windshield then I see the circles. WTF can I do about it- any ideas? Am I the only one?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any suggestions for you, but I have it too.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I had them when I first had my new windshield installed but Stoner's glass cleaner got rid of the circles for me.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
you are certainly not the only one, I don't know why the circles are so permanent, i've cleaned my windshield so many times, and have never been able to get rid of them. Cross we all have to bear
Old 08-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I have them too and i have cleaned my windshield several times and they won’t go away??
Old 08-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Rubbing alcohol? Clay bar?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
I have them too and i have cleaned my windshield several times and they won’t go away??
Put some muscle behind it.

Stoners and a microfiber towel and mine were gone with 2 washes. The circles should be on the outside of the windshield, not the inside. There shouldn't have been suction cups on the inside but either way, same method for removal.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Is it condensation on the inside... the rings? If so it is from the a/c being on and set to defrost on the window.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wash about to use some steel wool! lmao
Old 08-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
Dirty Trucker

Will try clay bar first
Old 08-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has a handprint right in the driver's view like that. Cleaned the hell out it with no success. It only appears when the window fogs though.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
josepenajr has a spectacular aura aboutjosepenajr has a spectacular aura about
josepenajr's Tacoma Gallery
haha i have those too have no clue what it is :/
Old 08-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
If it is petroleum based it will be a bitch to get off, if you can even get it off.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
It's the cups when they install windshield. They come off after a few washings. But they are a pain!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that's funny, I thought I'd have the only issue here. Guess I'll just keep trying to clean it. They should really find a way to not have that happen.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #16
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
My dads dodge has it too. It has to do with the way they put in the wind shields.

I would just steel wool it like a boss.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
Timbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timothy
Timbo89's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are going away next week I hope. Getting a new windshield put in due to a wonderful rock cracking it. My wife has it on hers too but froom the look it may come off
Old 08-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #18
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
I have them also, but only on the driverside corner. I assumed it was from a radar detector or a garmin. way to small to be from the factory installing the windshield.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
DavisBladeWorks is on a distinguished road
Name: John
DavisBladeWorks's Tacoma Gallery
Polish the glass....

Glass can polish up just like paint, and it removes ALL of the little stuck on gunk and hidden smudges like that. You can order glass polish from chemical guys.

In the mean time, use "invisible glass" and some steel wool. Spray the glass, rub vigorously with steel wool. After that, get a clay bar and go to town. Clean with invisible glass one more time.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
GWinstead is on a distinguished road
Army:
GWinstead's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. My 2012 tacoma had the problem. I didn't know what it was until I read this thread. Regular glass cleaning over the past year did the trick. Wife just got a brand new Accord. And it's got the circles too.