Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Uh ohhhh emblem issues

Old 08-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Go get real wax and grease remover and a few plastic razor blades and it takes the glue residue off so easy.

We have to do massive moldings at work all the time with stupid as he'll designed where the tape is resting on 3 pieces of tall plastic. Usually we use razors to clean up the moldings/emblems but with those we just put paper towels soaked in wax and grease and let it sit for a while and you can almost just peel it all clean off in one go.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #22
ReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReBeLToY0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ReBeLToY0's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno if its the truck being new, or what, used a blow dryer and fishing line, some how it still took a little paint and one good scratch from the emblem moving while sawing with the fishing line... O well to my buddies body shop I go!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:09 AM   #23
Mama didn't raise no fool
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Travis
slaphappy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBeLToY0 View Post
I dunno if its the truck being new, or what, used a blow dryer and fishing line, some how it still took a little paint and one good scratch from the emblem moving while sawing with the fishing line... O well to my buddies body shop I go!
My truck is a '13 and it came off no prob..
Old 08-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #24
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
get some pics up....
Old 08-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #25
Mr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Mr. Sparkle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBeLToY0 View Post
So I took my emblems off blow dryer fishing line came off easy, except where some of the emblems pulled the glue with them, took some of the paint off with it! At first I thought it was glue and but turns out its def paint missing literally, what are my best options? Rubbing compound? Finishing compound? Wax? Or should I just take it to a detailing place and have them try to buff of whatever is salvageable? Truck is almost 2 months old and no scratches other then this and I'm beyond irritated
As a full time detailer, I'm sorry to say there is very little that can be done for that other than getting it repainted. You can't buff whats not there. If you removed paint, you need to replace it. Either by touchup paint (will look a little sloppy no matter how nice you do it) or a body shop
Old 08-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #26
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Post some pics it will help to see what's actually going on.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #27
Timbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timothy
Timbo89's Tacoma Gallery
jsut removed mine (13 taco trd sport) and didnt use any heat just fishing line. I think it was around 6lbs test cheap crap from walmart. took maybe 3-5 minutes a badge. Once off i just rolled the adhesive onto its self and done. now i gotta pait some badges tomorrow.

after rolling the adhesive up very faint hint of old placement. again no heat gun or blow dryer

Old 09-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #28
Canadian Taco 705 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Canadian Taco 705's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys i need your help bad! anyone know what to do? it feels smoother than the rest of the paint i think i may have taken off some of the clear coat...

Old 09-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #29
Timbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimbo89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timothy
Timbo89's Tacoma Gallery
How did you do that? Don't look good
Old 09-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #30
DavisBladeWorks is on a distinguished road
Name: John
DavisBladeWorks's Tacoma Gallery
What have you done OTHER than pulling the badge off?

That damage is not from pulling the badge off, at least not all of it. Pulling the badge off won't cause a big circular area of damage...
Old 09-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #31
Canadian Taco 705 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Canadian Taco 705's Tacoma Gallery
its all fixed now it was a mistake with goo off not goo gone. fml but in other news my truck was broken into last night and was totally pillaged fn' crack heads