Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

truck just got fresh paint

Old 08-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
nbt808 will become famous soon enough
Name: Nestor
nbt808's Tacoma Gallery
truck just got fresh paint

so my truck was just painted on the 16th and today due to a water main break I had to drive through a 500ft diameter puddle, now i got dirty water/mud/sand all over the truck. is it safe to wash?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
hand wash, i wouldn't put alot of pressure on it.(car wash)......
Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
Mr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Mr. Sparkle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbt808 View Post
so my truck was just painted on the 16th and today due to a water main break I had to drive through a 500ft diameter puddle, now i got dirty water/mud/sand all over the truck. is it safe to wash?
Definitely safe to wash. Recommend a good pre rinse followed by 2 bucket wash (if you don't know what that is - run a google search)

with fresh paint you can wash it pretty quickly. You're not supposed to wax it for a few weeks. That allows time for the paint to fully cure.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Your okay to wash the fresh paint but for the love of god use a brand new mitt and keep rinsing it.

Since you have a dark colour you really want to be careful to keep the rag free of debris.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #6
runner05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
runner05's Tacoma Gallery
Just remember not to wax your rig for at least 30 days in order for the coat to cure.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:33 AM   #7
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Id say yes. Where did you get it painted? Or did you do it yourself?