Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Sap stains/rubbing compound/dull paint/noob/etc.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #21
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
Does it come with any pads? and what pads did u get?
Yes, it comes with one polishing pad and I bought one extra polishing pad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name01 View Post
I tried Turtle Wax once, never again. Meguiars has not let me down yet. My problem is with water spots. I am going to have to buff them out, I guess.
Yeah, water spots are annoying. I can't keep them off my windows.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #22
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotabilly View Post
It's supposed to wobble.
If your rotary polisher is doing that the backing pad is clearly fucked up.

I'm glad it all worked out man. You should throw on a coat of wax though to make the shiny goodness last.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #23
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post

I'm glad it all worked out man. You should throw on a coat of wax though to make the shiny goodness last.
Oh yeah, I did.

I appreciate everyone's help and hope this thread will help out a noob one day lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #24
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
That's not a rotary polisher. It's a random orbital. It's what all the pros use.I use a rotary for buffing though.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #25
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's not a rotary polisher. It's a random orbital. It's what all the pros use.I use a rotary for buffing though.
Bo lol, the one in the video is a rotary polisher, he even says it in the video. You keep thinking it's a random orbital because it's wobbling. And no one uses random orbitals for serious polishing in paint shops. Detail shops may for some applications.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #26
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Bo lol, the one in the video is a rotary polisher, he even says it in the video. You keep thinking it's a random orbital because it's wobbling. And no one uses random orbitals for serious polishing in paint shops. Detail shops may for some applications.
My bad. I didn't watch the vid. I just saw above it where he said that's what he used. Kinda stuck my foot in my mouth there.
Yeah and the random orbital is good for waxing IMO.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #27
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My bad. I didn't watch the vid. I just saw above it where he said that's what he used. Kinda stuck my foot in my mouth there.
Yeah and the random orbital is good for waxing IMO.
It's cool lol. Just thought you may have been confused, trying to help. I agree random orbital is good for waxing.