Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

water spots....search function does not work on phone..

Old 09-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
Poor College Student
User Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Oscar
User Name01's Tacoma Gallery
water spots....search function does not work on phone..

I already read the ask a detailer thread but I did not see anything on gow to fix waterspots. I read onkine about Meguiars and something called 3D spot(or something like that). I am wanting to get rid of the wsterpots that remain on my truck. I do everything by hand. Do I have to condition my water from the tap. I would prefer to buy something to clean/seal the truck with. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have water spots (rough, raised areas) or etching from hard water, similar to what bird poop does to paint?

BTW, nothing can 'seal' the paint from hard water. Hard water is acidic. A good wax or sealant will reduce the impact of hard water and bird poop, but nothing will make your paint immune to damage from those things.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Poor College Student
User Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
Do you have water spots (rough, raised areas) or etching from hard water, similar to what bird poop does to paint?

BTW, nothing can 'seal' the paint from hard water. Hard water is acidic. A good wax or sealant will reduce the impact of hard water and bird poop, but nothing will make your paint immune to damage from those things.
It is etched, a solid ring, not rough or raised. It just annoys me because I try and prevent things like this from happening to my truck. So the best thing would be to treat my water? Thanks for replying, by the way
Old 09-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name01 View Post
It is etched, a solid ring, not rough or raised. It just annoys me because I try and prevent things like this from happening to my truck. So the best thing would be to treat my water? Thanks for replying, by the way
Was this water left over from when you washed your truck?

If so, yes, a water softener type product will help. However, I don't use that. I use an electric leaf blower to blow most of the water off my truck and then I dry it with a waffle weave drying cloth. Washing and drying in the shade also helps, as well as always having a good coat of wax on your paint.

Nothing's perfect, of course.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
Poor College Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
Was this water left over from when you washed your truck?

If so, yes, a water softener type product will help. However, I don't use that. I use an electric leaf blower to blow most of the water off my truck and then I dry it with a waffle weave drying cloth. Washing and drying in the shade also helps, as well as always having a good coat of wax on your paint.

Nothing's perfect, of course.
Yeah, began to use a leaf blower a few months back as well. I use it to get in between all the panels. I then dry it off by hand. The spots have been there for about a year but I just now had enought with them. I guess that I am just going to have to hand wax/claybar every single time I wash it. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
whiplash willy is on a distinguished road
whiplash willy's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you start washing your car with filtered/softened water, and dry it everytime it gets wet, you will have water spots of some sort on your paint. Basically I have found that it is close to impossible to avoid them completely. They can only be removed by polish. A finish polish is your best bet.

Here is an amazingly detailed article on water spots and how to remove them.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...pots-hand.html