Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Undercoating Question

Old 09-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
SuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to beholdSuperTUSMC is a splendid one to behold

Marines: Sgt - 0311
SuperTUSMC's Tacoma Gallery
Undercoating Done Wrong? - Question

OK, I'm in Michigan (snow, sleet, salt and so forth) and just bought my new truck last week. I sprang for the undercoating/rustproofing/stain resistance/etc. package and took it in to have the work done today.

I got the truck back this afternoon and noticed when I got it home that all of my suspension parts have been undercoated as well. I was not expecting this. I know that the blue Bilsteins aren't necessarily top of the line, but they looked good and made the truck look distinctive. Those are now black, as are the springs, arms, etc.

Questions:
  1. Is spraying these parts typical, or does the shop that did it just not know what they are doing? (this was a dealer-approved/recommended shop)
  2. Should these parts have been masked?
  3. What affect if any might this have on the integrity of the shocks/springs themselves?

Any input greatly appreciated! If I had a really nice set of billet UCAs and/or zinc plated shocks I think I'd be looking for a neck to break about now... somebody talk me down