Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

3m double sided tape question!!

Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Tacohunter50 is on a distinguished road
Name: Hunter nelson
Tacohunter50's Tacoma Gallery
3m double sided tape question!!

Ok the tape with the foam padding in the middle like used for the badges... What do I use to get that off? I took off my gawd awful rain guards and now I can't get off that tape... Any suggestions?
Old 09-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
ToRriD is on a distinguished road

ToRriD's Tacoma Gallery
wd40
Old 09-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Mr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Mr. Sparkle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacohunter50 View Post
Ok the tape with the foam padding in the middle like used for the badges... What do I use to get that off? I took off my gawd awful rain guards and now I can't get off that tape... Any suggestions?

I usually do jobs like this with a heat gun (lowest setting) and try rolling the adhesive onto itself. Be careful, as I've actually given myself blisters doing this. But it works to get the big stuff off

From there, you'll likely have some leftover stickiness. Its tough to find locally, but Stoners "Tarminator" is what I use for any sticky / tar / bug splatter.