Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Blacked Out Front End?

Old 09-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Bussy36 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Bussy36's Tacoma Gallery
Blacked Out Front End?

Hey guys, just spent the last 2 hours searching these and other forums but have not found what I am looking for. Also read through about 60 pages in the plasti-dip thread and all I got out of it is an eye headache so please don't flame me if pics or info is floating around somewhere... Anyways......

I am curious what the front end of my 08 speedway blue would look like blacked-out with plasti dip. I know opinions differ on dip but this is exactly what I would want as I do not want it to be permanent. I kind of think it might look bad ass to go along with black rims. Anyone come across anything like this? Pictures??

Attached is the look I am curious to see. This is my quick photoshopped effort on a google image of a speedway blue I found. Thanks in advance for any thoughts/pictures/thread recommendations!
Attached Thumbnails
Blacked Out Front End?-tacoblackfrontend.jpg  
Old 09-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if I like it or not. I would have to see it on the actual truck. If you do it, please derp just in case you hate it so you don't ruin your truck. lol
Old 09-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I think if you narrowed the black on the hood to follow the lines from the grill it would look good.

check out what Tbird did to his....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...hood-vote.html
Old 09-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
I actually like it. I would dip it though first as mentioned above.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice

Name: Brock
02goldie's Tacoma Gallery
have you tried posting in the 'photoshop request thread'? im sure someone could give you a pretty good idea how it would look
Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
StormRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
StormRunner's Tacoma Gallery
you could always spray it out over clear coat and all no prep and if you don't like it you can just peel it off.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #7
jamesrenoallen is on a distinguished road

Name: James
jamesrenoallen's Tacoma Gallery
i think it would look alright if you do the top of the cab as well and put on a clean looking chrome or black grill
Old 01-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #8
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen trucks with the scoop of the hood done and roof. looked alright. its different thats what makes us COOL
Old 01-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #10
Lindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lindsey
Lindsey Walrod's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's great!