Notices

Detailing products for black Tacos

Old 10-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
CFI AandP is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aviation Mechanic (AM)
Name: Cory
CFI AandP's Tacoma Gallery
Detailing products for black Tacos

Just purchased my 2013 taco and its black, going to be high maintenance to keep clean, but when black is clean it looks real nice. So what products are you guys using for black trucks?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
lyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud of

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what your looking for ? Wax or coatings ? Or a sealant? There are lots of good products out there, I've been using polish angel master sealant on on my black sand pearl, and applied A. Coating on wife's black highlander... Good place to start would be http://www.autogeek.net
Old 10-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
Really just clay barred and waxed keeps it looking wet and gives it a nice deep black!

Here is my girlfriends old 99 saturn, the whole surface was scratched to hell and not taken care of at all. Some meguiars ultimate compound and wax brings this out. That's a 15 year old finish!

I detailed a 2006 fusion for a family friend. Here is what his black fusion looked like, I did a small spot to show him what I'd be doing.

And this is the hood when I was done waxing it

again, this is his HOOD not a mirror

Old 10-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Chemical Guys site. They have really good deals on certain products like 75% off so I grabbed the "Black Paint Maintenance kit" which came with 2 application pads 2 really nice microfibres, 16 oz of Blacklight and a tub of wax. I got another 16 oz of sealant for like $5 and a free 16oz thing of a swirl removing polish.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Black_Ca..._p/hol_201.htm

The black paint kit was around 100$ which seemed a bit steep but it lasted forever. The water kept beading off my truck for about a month even when I went off road every weekend getting the truck dirty as hell.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiars gold class wax lasts way longer than a month!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
That tends to happen when you don't get your truck dirty
Old 10-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
bunxbun is on a distinguished road
Marines: Reserves 2821 TechCon
Name: Bunnath
bunxbun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
I like the Chemical Guys site. They have really good deals on certain products like 75% off so I grabbed the "Black Paint Maintenance kit" which came with 2 application pads 2 really nice microfibres, 16 oz of Blacklight and a tub of wax. I got another 16 oz of sealant for like $5 and a free 16oz thing of a swirl removing polish.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Black_Ca..._p/hol_201.htm

The black paint kit was around 100$ which seemed a bit steep but it lasted forever. The water kept beading off my truck for about a month even when I went off road every weekend getting the truck dirty as hell.
this, remove the swirls and apply some blacklight and top it off with the black wax
Old 10-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #8

Thanks for the info, I'll check those products out. Mainly looking for a low effort detailing product. Waxing is great, but I would like to find a product like a detailing spray. In S Florida it's 90 out now and the paint is scorching hot, so many waxes can not be applied in direct sunlight. Used turtle was ice last weekend and worked pretty well, although I think the shine could've better, like that mirror-like hood.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #9
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have time to list ALL the products I use. I think the most important thing with Toyota black is being CAREFUL while using those products. Black (202) is very soft in my experience. Using a 2 bucket method for maintenance washes will prevent alot of scratches. Then you gotta dry without instilling swirls. A blower works well for me followed by blotting with a high quality Waffle Weave MF. Some of my "go to" products for my truck are DG 901 Shampoo, Wolfgang polishes, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, WDG Liquid Seal, Pinnacle Sig Series II and Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray. One of the most frequent used products in my arsenal is Ultima Waterless Wash + to remove any bugs or bird bombs immediately. I can't forget lots and lots of high quality plush microfiber towels!

Enjoy that Black truck! There is no more rewarding color in my opinion.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
I don't have time to list ALL the products I use. I think the most important thing with Toyota black is being CAREFUL while using those products. Black (202) is very soft in my experience. Using a 2 bucket method for maintenance washes will prevent alot of scratches. Then you gotta dry without instilling swirls. A blower works well for me followed by blotting with a high quality Waffle Weave MF. Some of my "go to" products for my truck are DG 901 Shampoo, Wolfgang polishes, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, WDG Liquid Seal, Pinnacle Sig Series II and Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray. One of the most frequent used products in my arsenal is Ultima Waterless Wash + to remove any bugs or bird bombs immediately. I can't forget lots and lots of high quality plush microfiber towels!

Enjoy that Black truck! There is no more rewarding color in my opinion.

Your truck looks really good. How long does it take you to detail it?
Old 10-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Racists.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #12
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFI AandP View Post
Your truck looks really good. How long does it take you to detail it?
I do a complete detail in the spring and fall. This usually takes a day or two. Other than that my weekly washes require about 3 hours of my time. In addition there is bug removal every day usually. It takes me forever to do interior and engine bay. It's a labor of love!

My wife has a BLACK Camry as well!
Old 10-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
xbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Quartermaster
Name: Jim
xbxb's Tacoma Gallery
Used Meguiar's Black Wax and Quick Wax on my Pyrite Mica. Worked great for a darker truck

Old 10-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #14
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Just did the turtle black wax kit for my tacoma and my wife's 2913 Venza, also black.

I clayed both before, works good, leaves a nice finish and no swirl marks
Old 07-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #15
kodiak141 is on a distinguished road
kodiak141's Tacoma Gallery
necro revive

did my truck today. took about 2 1/2 hours. truck is 2 months new so i did not clay bar. after a good wash i waxed her up with meguires gold.